Animal Classification Practice Quiz1. Birds have _____bones to allow them to be light enough for flight.
mammal dynamic quiz , marsupial, vertebrate,
TRUE, FALSE, ,
3. The above is an orca whale. Which is the correct classification?
bilateral, , ,
4. Which is not a classification of the duck-billed platypus?
Mollusks, Cnidarians, Echinoderms, Arthropods,
5. Which group of animals are cold-blooded, have bilateral symmetry, lungs, and scaly, waterproof skin?
6. Which type of symmetry do all mammals have?
7. Sponges, cnidarians, and worms are simple invertebrates because they have very few organs.
placental mammal, bilateral symmetry, monotreme, endoskeleton,
8. Which group of animals have radial symmetry, stinger cells, a mouth, and tentacles?
TRUE, FALSE, class website ,
9. Echinoderms and arthropods have an endoskeleton.
arthropod, , online learning games ,
10. The picture of the fish above is a lamprey that must suck in its food. Which type of fish would it be classified?
fish, mollusks, amphibians, birds,
hollow, interactive learning , ,
12. Which group of vertebrates would the picture above be classified?
salamander.jpg, , ,
reptile, mammal, cnidarian, amphibian,
14. Mark all that apply for the classification of a mouse.
marsupial, monotreme, placental, cold-blooded,
15. Mark the vertebrates groups:
TRUE, FALSE, ,
16. An animal with an exoskeleton, segmented body, and paired limbs would be classified as an ___.
17. A _____mammal%27s young develops inside the mother.
butterfly.jpg, , ,
18. Which body plan has several lines of symmetry?
bilateral symmetry, arthropod, complex invertebrate,
radial, , ,
20. How many mirror images or lines of symmetry do asymmetrical animals have?
0, 1, 2, 3 or more,
21. A chicken is an example of a monotreme because it lays eggs.
lamprey.jpg, interactive learning , ,
bony, jawless, cartilaginous, mammal ,
23. Mark any description that applies to the picture of the butterfly.
whale.jpg, , ,
24. A koala bear is classified as a monotreme because it carries its young in a pouch.
cartilaginous fish, jawless fish, monotreme mammal, placental mammal,