Term 1 Review Quiz1. Why were Old Stone Age people nomads?
They traded with many people., They needed pastures for their animals., They were looking for food and water resources., They wanted fertile farmland.
2. Where were the earliest human settlements?
Tigris %26 Euphrates River Valleys, Indus River Valley, Nile River Valley, Jordan River Valley
3. In this government, political and religious power is held by the same person.
Democracy, Theocracy, Bureaucracy, Oligarchy
4. In the ancient world, most civilizations had--
slavery, cuneiform, monotheism, ziggurats
5. Which civilization made colonies along the North African coast?
Phoenicia, Persia, Mesopotamia, Hebrews
6. Which civilization had imperial bureaucracy, a road system, and Zoroastrianism?
Persia, Phoenicia, Hebrews, Egypt
7. What was the Persian Empire religion?
Zoroastrianism, Judaism school , polytheism, Buddhism
8. In this Persian government, governors helped the king.
bureaucracy, theocracy educational activities , democracy, pharaoh
9. ESL Which was the largest empire we have studied?
Egyptian, Persian, Babylonian, Phoenician
10. What was the first event in Hebrew history?
Abraham made a covenant with God. educational games , Moses led the Hebrews out of Egypt., Cyrus freed the Hebrews from Babylon., Moses got the Ten Commandments from God.
11. Which Hebrew leader made a covenant with God and started Judaism?
Moses, Cyrus, Joseph, Abraham
12. Which civilization is known for trading, ship building, and the first alphabet?
Hebrews, Phoenicians, Persians, Egyptians
13. Which river was nearest to the Hebrew homeland?
Jordan, Nile, Tigris, Euphrates
14. quiz generator When Jewish people scattered away from their homeland it was called the --
exodus, diaspora, Ten Commandments, Torah