KAROLINA_MAJ_1 (copy)1. We heard the sound of an # car.
concerning, including, due to, instead of,
2. When asked for directions in Japan, the young Japanese will not # and reply in a very civilized manner, using good English.
carrying out, trying out, checking out, proving out,
3. As we get older, our bodies get less # at burning up calories.
Including, Despite crossword maker , Instead of, Concerning,
4. Have you # the possibiliy of retraining?
affected, improved, replaced, approved,
5. How does living in a city # your lifestyle?
approve, supply, concern, pronounce,
6. We would be very # for any information you can give us.
including, instead of, concerned, despite,
7. The Senate # a plan for federal funding of local housing programmes.
introduce, reduce, include, provide,
8. Two of the tyres had to be #
reveal, hesitate, compete, challenge,
9. Any prisoner who # to escape will be shot.
queue, linguists, omnipresent class website , minefield,
10. Sorry to # you, but I have an urgent message.
compete, persevere, average, concerned,
11. # being annoyed, he seemed quite pleased
mood, approach, average, compete,
12. Please send us information # the existing buildings
efficient, grateful, minefield, approaching,
13. How do you # your name?
complete, minefield, efficient, moody,
14. For the Japanese the English language is pretty much like a #.
treatment, supply mix questions , temperature, hiccups,
15. The rise in crime is mainly due to social and economic #
approach, mood, minefield, treatment,
16. A two-language kindergarten costs about 200 dollars, which is half the # salary.
moody, proud save time , efficient, grateful,
17. Thomas Wolfe was born # 1900.
questioned, persevered, treated, preserved,
18. We went for a picnic # bad weather
at, in, on, within,
19. The brutal # of political prisoners.
effect, reflect, affect, defect,
20. Aspirin should help reduce the #
attempt, comtempt, distempt, ettempt,
21. It is reported that Taiwan will # English as the second official language by 2007
dissolved, included, approved, consisted,
22. They were # by the police for over 12 hours.
include, supply, provide, disturb,
23. Forensic experts are now # DNA tests
struggle, profound, previous, preliminary,
24. She is in a good # today.
supplied, changed, considered generate answer keys , demended,