MitosisThis is a single answer quiz where difficulty is rising with every question. The quiz ends with the first wrong answer. The aim of the quiz is to climb to the top of the hill.
1. __________ is a 4-stage process in which two identical nuclei are created before cell division.
Asexual reproduction, Meiosis, Interphase, Mitosis
are found only in animal cells and help support the cell., are found only in animal cells and contain DNA., are found only in plant cells and help support the cell., are found only in animal cells.
3. Spindle fibers are elongations of the centrioles, and _____________
form the nucleus., are part of cytokinesis. create online activities , start the G1 phase., form the miotic spindle.
4. The four phases of mitosis are...
Prophase, Metaphase, Anaphase, and Telophase., Interphase, Metaphase, Anaphase, and Cytokinesis., Interphase, Metaphase, Anaphase, and Telophase., Interphase, Prophase, Anaphase, and Telophase.
5. printable Each stage leads to the eventual separation of the parent cell into
two parent cells. results , two daughter cells. , two haploid cells. , two unique daughter cells.
6. In ___________ organisms, mitosis results in the growth and repair of the organism.
asexual, unicellular, bacterial, multicellular
7. In _______ organisms, such as bacteria, mitosis results in offspring via asexual reproduction.
multicellular, gamete, unicellular, somatic
8. The cell prepares for nuclear division by breaking down the nuclear envelope during ...
prophase, metaphase, anaphase , telophase
9. The chromosomes condense and are now visible during ...
metaphase, anaphase, telophase, prophase
10. The mitotic spindle is formed and the centrioles move to opposite sides of the cell during ...
interphase, metaphase, prophase, cytokinesis
11. online activities The centrioles are established on opposite ends of the cell during...
interphase, metaphase, anaphase, cytokinesis
12. The chromosomes line up in the cell’s equator (middle) and attach to the spindle fibers during.
cytokinesis, metaphase, prophase, anaphase
13. The spindle fibers shorten, pulling the chromatids to opposite poles of the cell during ...
anaphase, prophase educational games , interphase, metaphase
14. Centromeres are separated, the chromosomes are no longer attached during ...
cytokinesis, anaphase, prophase, interphase
15. The nuclear envelope reforms, chromosomes disperse into chromatin, and spindle fibers withdraw during...
telophase, prophase, metaphase, anaphase
16. During telophase the cell membrane begins to push inward, creating what is called a _____________.
cell membrane, cell wall, phospholipid bilayer, cleavage furrow
17. test ____________ is the splitting of one cell into two cells. This is when the daughter cells physically divide.
Metaphase, Cytokinesis, Asexual reproduction, Meiosis
18. results Once mitosis and cytokinesis are complete, the result is _____ identical daughter cells.
four, two, three, zero
19. The cells are _________ – meaning they have pairs of chromosomes.
haploid, asexual, diploid, sexual
20. In _________ cells, upon telophase, the spindle fibers tighten around the cell membrane until the cell cleaves into two new cells.
plant, bacteria results history , prokaryotic, animal
21. Upon telophase in plant cells, a __________________ is formed between the two nuclei, which divides the cell wall and creates two new cells.
vacuole, cell plate, cholorplast, cell membrane