ELA Grade 7 2010 - The Dolphin MysteryRead this passage. Then answer questions 1 through 6.
1. Which word best describes Hallie?
dolphin2.png, , ,
dolphin3.png, , ,
3. The author includes the scene between Hallie and her mother to suggest that Hallie may
Hallie, Kathy, an outside narrator, the park veterinarian,
4. How does Hallie solve the %22mystery%22 in the story?
quit her job at the sea life park, teach Maya how to retrieve items, stop trying to figure out the mystery, find an explanation for Maya%27s behavior,
has taught Maya to conceal items behind the filter box, understood the situation and would no longer criticize Haillie short answer questions , would believe Hallie once Maya stopped hiding items, thought Hallie was trying to make excuses for herself,
6. This passage is told from the point of view of
She hides from Maya and waits for Maya to find her., She confides in Kathy and receives reassurance from her., She apologizes to Kathy and proves she can keep the pool clean., She observes Maya%27s behavior and find Maya%27s collection of items.,
7. Read this sentence from the passage. From the look on Kathy%27s face, Hallie knew everything was beginning to make sense. This sentence means that Kathy
carefree, determined teacher , fearful, lazy,
came out, disappeared, floated on, learned,