Astronomy ReviewComplete as many times as necessary to earn 100%25!
1. Which of the following statements is true?
The presence of the moon., The shape of the Earth%27s orbit., The distance of the Earth from the Sun., The fact that the Earth is made up of rock.,
2. What repeating pattern do we observe on Earth is caused by the Earth%27s revolution around the Sun?
They are too far from the Sun and are too cold., They are too far from the Sun and are too hot., They are too close to the Sun and are too cold., They are too close to the Sun and are too hot.,
3. Scientist believe that all of the following are needed to support life on a planet except:
The Earth%27s revolution around the Sun makes them appear to move., The Earth%27s revolution around the Sun makes them appear to stay the same during different seasons., The Earth%27s rotation makes them appear to move during different seasons., The Earth%27s rotation makes them appear to stay the same during different seasons.,
4. Another name for the outer planets is:
TRUE, FALSE, ,
5. Which characteristics of constellations change with the seasons?
The presence of water, The presence of an atmosphere, Moderate temperatures, The presence of night and day,
6. Mercury and Venus can not support life because:
The shape of the constellation, The location in the night sky, The number of stars in the constellation, The brightness of the stars in the constellation,
7. Which star is the closest star to the Earth?
The farther from the Sun a planet is the shorter the day is on that planet., The closer to the Sun a planet is the longer the revolution of that planet., The farther from the Sun the planet is the longer the year is on that planet. results , The closer to the Sun a planet is the longer the day is on that planet.,
8. The inner planets are:
The Earth orbits around the Sun., The Sun rotates on its axis., The Earth rotates on its axis., The Sun orbits around the Earth.,
9. What would cause the temperature in Maryland to be hotter during the summer than during the winter?
The North Star, Proxima Centuari, Sirius, the Dog Star, The Sun,
10. If scientists were examining the fine details on samples of moon rock, which tool would be the most appropriate to use?
The revolution of the Earth around the Sun and the tilt of the Earth%27s axis, make the direct rays of the Sun closer to Maryland in the summer., The revolution of the Earth around the Sun make Earth closer to the Sun during the summer months., The rotation of the Earth on its tilted axis makes the direct rays of the Sun closer to Maryland during the summer., The Sun%27s rays that hit the Earth are hotter during the summer than they are in the winter.,
11. Which statement BEST describes the Sun
The rotation of the Sun causes objects to appear to move across the sky., The rotation of the Earth causes objects to appear to move across the sky., The Earth orbits around the Moon., The Sun orbits around the planets.,
12. What BEST explains why the Sun appears to move across the sky during the daytime?
Day and Night, The Seasons, The phases of the Moon, Hours in a day,
13. Which statement BEST describes the relationship of the Sun to the Earth?
One day, One week, One month, One year,
14. Which of the following reasons BEST describes why the Earth can support life?
A stopwatch, A thermometer, A gradulated cylinder, A hand lens,
15. Scientists have determined what makes up Moon rock. How do you think they were able to determine this finding?
They used a telescope to examine tiny particles of Moon rock., They found pieces of the Moon in a crater on Earth., They examined pieces of Moon rock brought back to Earth from the astronauts that visited the Moon., They examined rocks on Earth that they believed were similar to rocks found on the Moon.,
16. Constellation appear in different parts of the sky during different seasons because:
The temperatures on Earth would be lower., The temperatures on Earth would be hotter., There would be more hours in a day on Earth., There would be fewer days in a year on Earth.,
17. True or False? The constellations, or pattern of stars in the sky stay the same.
It is a medium size star that only has a few more years of life left., It is a medium size star that is middle age. generate answer keys , It is a young star that will continue to get bigger and hotter as it gets older., It is an old star that will burn out within the next century.,
18. How long does it take for the Earth to make one complete revolution around the Sun?
Mercury, Mars, Venus and Jupiter, Mercury, Venus, Earth and Pluto, Earth, Mars, Venus and Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune,
19. Which one of the following statements is true?
The rock giants, The icy giants generate answer keys , The gas giants, The giant planets,