China and Japan Review Quiz1. Which Chinese philosophy teaches people to live in harmony with nature?
Confucianism, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism
2. How were officials chosen in the Chinese civil service system?
defeating enemies in battle, showing intelligence and skill on exams, being born into a wealthy family, being the youngest and strongest workers
3. Which two religions use the yin-yang symbol to represent the idea of %22opposites?%22
Confucianism and Taoism, Shintoism and Taoism educational games , Buddhism and Confucianism, Legalism and Taoism
4. Which of these goods was NOT traded from China using the Silk Road routes?
silk, porcelain, paper, sugar
5. stimulate your students In China, what were ruling families called?
dynasties, pharaohs results history , kings, bureaucracies
6. How did the teachings of Confucius impact China?
people were punished harshly, people were protected from nomads, helped restore social order, helped spread Buddhism
7. Which of these religions was only found in Japan?
Buddhism, Taoism, Shinto, Confucianism
8. Which religion spread from India to China, Korea, and Japan?
Shintoism, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism
9. Which civilization most influenced Japan?
Indian, Russian, Mongol, Chinese
10. What is the Chinese belief that rulers were divine and could rule as long as they were just?
Mandate of Heaven, Analects of Confucius, Eightfold Path, Hammurabi%27s Code
11. Which religion believes that the forces of nature are important?
Buddhism, Confucianism, Shintoism, Legalism
12. What helped facilitate contact between China and other parts of the world?
Great Wall, Silk Road, Phoenician ships, Asoka%27s missionaries
13. Taoism teaches people to worship nature gods and have ________.
humility, correct behavior, education, good karma
14. Japan is a group of islands called _______________.
a peninsula, a subcontinent, an archipelago, a river valley
15. Where were the nomadic invaders who attacked China?
north of China, south of China interactive , in Korea, in India
16. What river was the location of Chinese civilization?
Nile, Indus, Huang He, Ganges
17. What was Qin Shi Huangdi known for?
building the Great Wall, spreading Buddhism, adopting Confucianism, starting the civil service system