Major organs of thebodyChoose the best answer.
1. The right ventricle receives blood from the right atrium and pumps it to the ______, where it is loaded with oxygen.
heart, musclesstimulate your students , brain,
2. It has three distinct regions – the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum.
heart, lungs, kidneys web 2.0 ,
3. The __________________ or small bowel is the part of the gastrointestinal tract between the stomach and the large intestine, and is where much of the digestion and absorption of food takes place.
lungs, heart printable , brain,
4. The__________ are bean-shaped organs that serve several essential regulatory roles in vertebrates.
kidneys, air, lung,
5. The ____ is one of the largest and most complex organs in the human body. It is made up of more than 100 billion nerves that communicate in trillions of connections called synapses.
kidney, heart, muscles,
6. The ________ is a muscular, hollow, dilated part of the digestive system which functions as an important organ of the digestive tract in many animals, including vertebrates, echinoderms, insects (mid-gut), and molluscs.
brain, liver, lungs,
7. The ______ reddish brown wedge-shaped organ with four lobes of unequal size and shape.
liver, heart, kidneys,
8. The ______ is the essential respiratory organ in many air-breathing animals.
esophagus, muscles, stomach,
9. The _________ is a muscular organ in humans and other animals, which pumps blood through the blood vessels of the circulatory system.
pancreas, small intestine online activities , heart,
10. There are three distinct types of muscles: ______________ , cardiac or heart muscles, and smooth (non-striated) muscles.
stomach, brain, liver,
11. The skeleton serves six major functions; support, ___________, protection, production of blood cells, storage of minerals and endocrine regulation.
small intestine, nose, liver,
12. It is involved in the second phase of digestion, following mastication (chewing).
large intestine, large braiin printable , heart,
13. It pumps blood through the network of arteries and veins called the cardiovascular system.
joint muscles, heart, skeletal muscles,
14. The ______ has a wide range of functions, including detoxification of various metabolites, protein synthesis, and the production of biochemicals necessary for digestion.
human skeleton, blood, muscles,
15. The ____________ , also called the colon or the large bowel, is the last part of the digestive system in vertebrates. Water is absorbed here and the remaining waste material is stored as feces before being removed by defecation.
brain, lungs, eyes,
16. It is the internal framework of the body.
250, 270, 240 dynamic quiz ,
17. It provide strength, balance, posture, movement and heat for the body to keep warm.
Muscles, brain, bones,
18. It is composed of ________ bones at birth – this total decreases to 206 bones by adulthood after some bones have fused together.
stagnant, happiness distant learning , movement,
19. They serve the body as a natural filter of the blood, and remove water-soluble wastes which are diverted to the bladder.
kidneys, heart, lungs,