THE TOWER OF LONDONChoose the correct answers.
1. THE TOWER OF LONDON The Tower of london is one of the most haunted places in the world because of the many people who (1) __________ to be killed there by order of the king or queen.
could, would, should, had,
2. Many of the Tower prisioners (2) ______________ have their heads cut off,
clues, theories, illusions, reports,
3. he said he could (6) ______________ out a shapeless white figure on the top of the tower.
was sitting , sat, sits, sitting,
4. One story says that one winter day in 1957, at three o%27clock in the morning, a guard (4) ___________ in his guardhouse when he was disturbed by a strange sound.
While, When, During, Because,
5. It was then that he (7) _________ that on that very same date., February 12, in 1554, Lady Jane Grey%27s head had been cut off.
find, let, make generate answer keys , look,
6. One of the creepiest (9) ___________ concerns the death of the Countess of Salisbury.
realise, was realising , realised, realises,
7. She (10) ____________ to free herself from the guards and ran away, but she was chased and caught. People claim to have seen her death re-enacted by the Tower spirits!
were, had invite students , did, was,
8. One of the most well-known ghosts of the Tower is that of Anne Boleyn, one of the wives of King Henry VII. She (8) _____________ killed in 1536 and people have reported seeing her ghost many times since then, sometimes carrying her own head.
occurences , witnesses, conclusions, explanations,
9. (5) ____________ he stepped outside to investigate,
was managing, manage invite students , managed, manages,