Networking1. What suit of protocols is used to transmit data across the Internet?
Appletalk, DNS, TCP/IP, ARP
2. Which Windows XP command displays the route taken by packets crossing an IP network?
netview, iproute, nslookup, tracert
3. What is the most commonly used DSL technology?
ADSL, IDSL, VDSL, HDSL
4. Workers are required to access the company LAN when traveling. Which networking technology can provide secure and encrypted access to the LAN?
ADSL, VPN, ISDN, WAN
5. The Internet is an example of whch type of network?
SAN, WAN, WLAN, LAN
6. Which dotted decimal number is used to distinguish the network portion of an IP address from the host portion?
default gateway, MAC address, subnet mask, physical address
7. What is the maximum range a data signal can travel through a 100BASE-T network segment?
328ft (100 m), 1640 ft (500 m), 3280 ft (1000 m), 984 ft (300 m)
8. Why should network cables always be labelled?
to prevent cable wear, to save troubleshooting time, to reduce netwrok clutter, to improve appearance
9. create online activities Which method is recommened in order to avoid problems with counterfeit network equipment?
Buy extra parts in case one fails., Only install equipment that comes with a user manual., Purchase equipment only through manufacturer-authorized partners., Use items of uncertain authenticity.
10. A student brings a laptop to a school that has wireless access. The laptop is not connecting to the school network. What is the first thing that the student should check?
the laptop battery level, the IP address that is assigned to the laptop, the distance from the schoo-owned wireless device, the available wireless networks within range.
11. Which procedure is normally performed when connecting a computer to an Ethernet network for the first time?
Attach a cable that has an RJ-45 connector, Manually assign an IP address, Configure the NIC for a MAC address., Configure the NIC for a specific network protocol.
12. Which two statements are true of network computing in contrast to non-network computing? (Choose two)
File duplication is more likely, Fewer peripherals are needed, Centralized administration capabilities are enhanced., Application licensing costs are higher.
13. Which two characteristics describe Ethernet technology? (Choose two)
Supported by IEEE 802.3 standards, Supported by IEEE 802.5 standards, Uses a bus logical topology, Uses a ring topology
14. online quizzes Which device enables computers to be attached to a network without segmenting the network?
bridge, hub, router, switch
15. Which networking protocol translates a network name such as http:/www.cisco.com to a unique IP address?
APIPA, ARP, Proxy ARP, DNS