10 grade. SPORTS UNIT 4. EXAM. (copy)You will have 24 minutes to complete the tasks.
1. Look # ! There%27s a car coming!
ring, , ,
2. someone who takes part in a competition = a #
track, , ,
3. I know he wants a fishing # for his birthday.
spectator, , ,
4. fortune - # (неудача, n.)
score, , ,
5. бояться высоты - to be #
finale, , ,
6. to defeat and remove from competition = to #
amateur, , ,
7. The bad weather stopped us # going to the stadium.
half time, , online learning games ,
8. to delay, postpone = to #
competitor, , ,
9. medal- # (призер, n.)
bat, , ,
10. opposition - to # (противостоять, v.)
carry on, , ,
11. The champion was unexpectedly # (made unconscious) in the second round.
bring forward, online , ,
12. единственный шанс в жизни - a #
knock out, class page , ,
13. to allow - # (1. позволение, 2. карманные деньги, n.)
put off, , ,
14. You should concentrate # getting fit.
join in, , ,
15. to compete - # (конкурент, участник соревнований, n)
chance of a lifetime, , ,
16. Which words admit of a prefix %22dis-%22? (there might be more than one answer):
afraid of heights, , ,
17. the last part of the performance - a #
popular with, popular among, , ,
18. Becca broke her leg and had to # (stop being involved in) of the race.
on the losing side, , ,
19. to equip - # (оборудованный, adj.)
time passes, results , ,
20. I%27m thinking of # (starting as a hobby) scuba diving.
to do one%27s best, , ,
21. Would you like a # of cards?
your turn, web tool , ,
22. to take part, participate = to #
high time, , ,
23. I%27m not very fond # jogging.
allowance, , ,
24. время летит - #
competitor, , ,
25. to continue = to #
misfortune, , ,
26. done for pleasure instead of a job - #
oppose, , ,
27. All the #, make your way to the starting line.
knowledgeable, , ,
28. Mel doesn%27t # (like) athletics.
equipped, , ,
29. Let%27s # (change the date to an earlier one) the meeting to this Monday.
medallist, , ,
30. Rick is mad # latino dancing!
allow, associate, fortune, compete,
31. to change the date/time of an event so that it happens earlier = to #
knowledge, allow, enjoy, associate,
32. The football match had to be put off because the # had been flooded.
game, play, match, half time,
33. быть на проигравшей стороне - to be #
court, pitch, course, ring,
34. Which words admit of a suffix %22-able%22? (there might be more than one answer):
pitch, track elearning , court, course,
35. ваша очередь - it%27s #
rod, stick, bat, racket,
36. делать все зависящее - #
opponents, competitors, performers,
37. to get a point in a game - # to
make, do, have learning , take,
38. Why don%27t you # a go? It%27s not difficult!
take up, go off, join in elearning , take to,
39. a piece of ground used for racing/running - a #
take, have, do, make,
40. an area marked with lines where tennis and basketball is played - a #.
onlookers, witnesses, viewers, spectators,
41. an area where people take part in boxing/wrestling - a #.
have, make, do, set,
42. to know - # (эрудированный, adj.)
about, at, of, for,
43. a period of rest between the two halves of a match - a #
of, , ,
44. быть популярным у/среди - to be #
from, , ,
45. Ask them if you can play and they%27ll let you # .
on, interactive learning , ,
46. The trainer asked us to # (continue) doing the activity.
out, , ,
47. самое время что-то сделать - it%27s # to do smth.
go in for, , ,
48. a wooden object used for hitting the ball in games such as baseball, cricket etc - a #
knocked out, , educational games ,
49. I have never seen such a large golf # until I went to Scotland.
carry on, , ,
50. someone who watches a public event/activity - a #
pull out, , ,
51. The # in the stadium all cheered the athletes.
bring forward, , grading ,
52. In this game players # it in turns to throw the dice.
taking up, , ,