Chapter 131. When the fsck command cannot repair a nonroot filesystem, you should immediately restore all data from tape backup. True or False?
15, sa39, sal9, 00,
2. What will the command sar –W 3 50 do?
ldconfig, ldd, rpm –V, slconfig,
3. On which part of the maintenance cycle do Linux administrators spend the most time?
free, sar, vmstat, iostat,
4. Which directory must you be in to compile the Linux kernel?
/lib/modules, /usr/src/linux, /lib/modules/%3ckernel-version%3e, /usr/src/linux/%3ckernel-version%3e,
5. Which of the following programs detects and installs new hardware detected at boot time?
mkramdisk, load ramdisk, image=ramdisk, mkinitrd,
6. Which command can be used to apply a patch to kernel source code?
patch, P0patch, make patch, make patch_install,
7. You can recompile the kernel to ________________. (Choose all that apply.)
Restart the application., Research the solution using the Internet., Switch to Single User Mode, Kill all other applications running in memory.,
8. Which command can be used to create a ramdisk that will be used at boot time to load SCSI support?
Test the solution., Isolate the problem., Delegate responsibility., Collect information.,
9. Which command can be used to modify the IRQ and I/O address settings of a serial device?
add support for a certain hardware device, remove support for a certain hardware device, change kernel features invite students , improve system performance,
10. Which of the following steps is not a common troubleshooting procedure?
insmod, rmmod, lsmod, modprobe,
11. Which directory stores most modules on a Linux system?
/etc/modprobe.conf, /etc/fstab, /etc/modtab, /etc/rc.d/rc.local,
12. When performing a sar –u command, you notice that %25idle is consistently 10%25; is this good or bad?
ismod, kudzu, iba32, LILO,
13. Which of the following files is likely to be found in the /var/log/sa directory over time?
idd, ulimit, lba32, top,
14. Which command can be used to insert a module into the Linux kernel? (Choose all that apply.)
makeboot, bootdisk, mkboot, mkbootdisk,
15. Which of the following commands can be used to display memory statistics? (Choose all that apply.)
Take 3 swap statistics every 50 seconds., Take 50 swap statistics every 3 seconds., Take 3 CPU statistics every 50 seconds., Take 50 CPU statistics every 3 seconds.,
16. When an application stops functioning, what should you try first?
/lib/modules/%3ckernel-version%3e, /usr/src/linux-%3ckernel-version%3e, /usr/lib/modules/%3ckernel-version%3e, /usr/src/linux,
17. Which command can be used to create a system boot disk?
TRUE, FALSE, ,
18. Which files can be used to load modules upon system startup? (Choose all that apply.)
good, because the processor should be idle more than 5%25 of the time, good, because the processor is idle 90%25 of the time distant learning , bad, because the processor is idle 10%25 of the time and perhaps a faster CPU is required, bad, because the processor is idle 10%25 of the time and perhaps a new hard disk is required,
19. Which command indicates the shared libraries required by a certain executable program?
setserial, modserial, serial2K, lsmod,