Chapter 111. What is the name of the utility used to rotate log files?
TRUE, FALSE, ,
2. When a printer is rejecting requests,____________.
the print queue does not accept jobs and sends a message to the user noting that the printer is unavailable, the print queue does accept jobs into the print queue and holds them there until the printer is enabled again, the printer appears as off-line when a lp request is sent, the print queue redirects all print jobs sent to it to /dev/null,
3. The process of sending print jobs from the print queue to the printer is called?
validation, authorization, login, authentication,
4. What is the background process responsible for printing on Red Hat Fedora Linux?
lock username, secure username, usermod –L username, useradd –L username ,
5. Which file contains default information such as UID and GID ranges and minimum password length to be used at user creation?
usermod, chggrp, gpasswd, newgrp,
6. Along with a listing of user accounts, the /etc/passwd file also contains information on account expiry. True or False?
lp –d Printer1 file, lp Printer1 file, lp file, lp –m Printer1 file,
7. You can lock a user account by changing the default login shell to an invalid shell in /etc/passwd. True or False?
/etc/passwd, /etc/users, /etc/shadow, /etc/password,
8. Which command is used to delete a user account?
TRUE, FALSE, ,
9. What is the name used to describe a user providing a user name and password to log in to a system?
syslog, jetpacl printable , logrotate, logbackup,
10. Which command can you use to lock a user account?
TRUE, FALSE quiz generator , ,
11. Which command would you use to unlock a user account?
the print queue does not accept jobs and sends a message to the user noting that the printer is unavailable, the print queue does accept jobs into the print queue and holds them there until the printer is accepting requests again, the printer appears as off-line when a lp request is sent, the print queue redirects all print jobs sent to it to /dev/null,
12. Which command can be used to alter the primary group associated with a given user temporarily?
section, priority, service, precedents, process, degree, facility, priority,
13. You can clear a log file simply by redirecting nothing in to it. True or False?
/etc/logfiles, /etc/log online learning games , /var/log, /dev/log,
14. When a printer is disabled, ________.
/etc/skel, /etc/passwd, /etc/login.defs, /etc/default/useradd,
15. You use lpstat and determine that a user named User1 has placed two large print jobs in the queue for Printer1 that have yet to start printing. They have print job IDs of Printer1-17 and Printer1-21, respectively. Which command would you use to remove these two jobs from the print queue?
lp, cupsd, lpd, lp stat,
16. When referring to the /etc/syslog.conf file, __________ specifies information from a certain area of the system, whereas ________ is the level of importance of that information
unlock username, open username, usermod –U username, useradd –U username,
17. UIDs and GIDs are unique to the system and once used can never be reused. True or False? Answer: False
TRUE, FALSE, ,
18. Most log files on the system are found in which directory?
cancel Printer1-17 Printer1-21, cancel –u Printer1-17 Printer1-21, cancel –a Printer1-17 Printer1-21, cancel 17 21,
19. What is the name of the file that contains a listing of all users on the system and their home directories?
usermod –d username, del username, userdel username, rm username,