Chapter 101. As daemon processes are not associated with terminals, you must use the –e switch with the ps command to view them. True or False?
If /etc/at.allow exists, only users listed in it can use the at command., If /etc/cron.allow exists, only users listed in it can use the cron command., If /etc/cron.deny exists and /etc/cron.allow does not exist, any user not listed in /etc/cron.deny can use the cron command. crossword maker , If /etc/cron.allow and /etc/cron.deny exist, only users listed in the former can use the cron command and any listed in the latter are denied access to the cron command.,
2. The term used to describe a process spawning or initiating another process is referred to as_____.
/etc/crontab, /etc/cron/(the user’s login name) class page , /var/spool/cron, /var/spool/cron/(the user’s login name),
3. What is the name given to a process not associated with a terminal?
the kernel itself, ps class web page , init, top,
4. Nice values are used to affect process priorities using a range between _____________.
a child process, forking educational games , branching, parenting,
5. Every process has a process ID and a_______.
TRUE, FALSE, ,
6. What command is used to view and modify user jobs scheduled to run with cron?
renice 0, renice 15, renice -12, renice 19,
7. When you run the ps command, how are daemon processes recognized?
This cannot happen once a process is executing; it can only be done when the command is started by placing an ampersand (%26) after it., You can use the ps command, You can use the Ctrl%2bz key combination and the bg command., This cannot happen; only daemon processes can run in the background.,
8. Which of the following commands will most likely increase the chance of a process receiving more time slices?
schedule processes to run periodically in the background, schedule processes to run periodically on a recurring basis in the future, schedule processes to run at a single instance in the future, schedule processes to run in the foreground,
9. Where are individual user tasks scheduled to run with the cron daemon stored?
crontab, cron, ps, sched,
10. The killall command terminates _________.
fork process, daemon, child process, parent process ID,
11. Which command is used to gain real-time information about processes running on the system with the most processor-intensive processes listed at the beginning of the list?
all instances of a process with the same PPID, all instances of a process with the same PID, all instances of a process with the same priority, all instances of a process with the same name,
12. A runaway process that is faulty and consuming mass amounts of system resources ________.
0 and 20, 0 and -19, –19 and 20, –20 and 19,
13. Which command can be used to see processes running in the background?
child process, parent process, user process, daemon process,
14. Which of the following statements is true? (Choose all that apply.)
1, 9, 3, 15,
15. What kill level signal cannot be trapped?
TRUE, FALSE, ,
16. How can you bypass the wait function and send a user process to the background?
is a zombie process, is an orphaned process, has a PPID of Z, is a rogue process,
17. The at command is used to _______________.
The terminal is listed as tty0., There is a question mark in the TTY column., There is an asterisk in the STIME column., There is a “d” for daemon in the terminal identification column.,
18. Which command entered without arguments is used to display a list of processes running in the current shell?
ps, ps-elf, top, top-1,
19. Which process will always have a PID of 1 and a PPID of 0?
bg, jobs, ps -%25, fg,