Chapter 101. How can you bypass the wait function and send a user process to the background?
If /etc/at.allow exists, only users listed in it can use the at command., If /etc/cron.allow exists, only users listed in it can use the cron command., If /etc/cron.deny exists and /etc/cron.allow does not exist, any user not listed in /etc/cron.deny can use the cron command., If /etc/cron.allow and /etc/cron.deny exist, only users listed in the former can use the cron command and any listed in the latter are denied access to the cron command.,
2. A runaway process that is faulty and consuming mass amounts of system resources ________.
/etc/crontab, /etc/cron/(the user’s login name), /var/spool/cron, /var/spool/cron/(the user’s login name),
3. The killall command terminates _________.
the kernel itself, ps, init, top,
4. What command is used to view and modify user jobs scheduled to run with cron?
a child process, forking, branching, parenting,
5. Which command is used to gain real-time information about processes running on the system with the most processor-intensive processes listed at the beginning of the list?
TRUE, FALSE, ,
6. Nice values are used to affect process priorities using a range between _____________.
renice 0, renice 15, renice -12, renice 19,
7. Which of the following statements is true? (Choose all that apply.)
This cannot happen once a process is executing; it can only be done when the command is started by placing an ampersand (%26) after it., You can use the ps command, You can use the Ctrl%2bz key combination and the bg command. distant learning , This cannot happen; only daemon processes can run in the background.,
8. Which command can be used to see processes running in the background?
schedule processes to run periodically in the background, schedule processes to run periodically on a recurring basis in the future, schedule processes to run at a single instance in the future, schedule processes to run in the foreground,
9. What kill level signal cannot be trapped?
crontab, cron, ps, sched,
10. When you run the ps command, how are daemon processes recognized?
fork process, daemon, child process, parent process ID,
11. Which process will always have a PID of 1 and a PPID of 0?
all instances of a process with the same PPID, all instances of a process with the same PID, all instances of a process with the same priority online quizzes , all instances of a process with the same name,
12. The at command is used to _______________.
0 and 20, 0 and -19, –19 and 20, –20 and 19,
13. Which of the following commands will most likely increase the chance of a process receiving more time slices?
child process, parent process, user process, daemon process,
14. Which command entered without arguments is used to display a list of processes running in the current shell?
1, 9, 3, 15,
15. Where are individual user tasks scheduled to run with the cron daemon stored?
TRUE, FALSE, ,
16. As daemon processes are not associated with terminals, you must use the –e switch with the ps command to view them. True or False?
is a zombie process, is an orphaned process, has a PPID of Z, is a rogue process,
17. The term used to describe a process spawning or initiating another process is referred to as_____.
The terminal is listed as tty0., There is a question mark in the TTY column., There is an asterisk in the STIME column., There is a “d” for daemon in the terminal identification column.,
18. Every process has a process ID and a_______.
ps, ps-elf educational games , top, top-1,
19. To kill a process running in the background, you must place a %25 character before its process ID. True or False?
bg, jobs, ps -%25, fg,