Chapter 91. Which two commands entered at a command prompt start X Windows, the Window Manager, and the default desktop environment? (Choose two answers.)
GRUB needs to be reinstalled after it has been modified, LILO need not be reinstalled after it has been modified., GRUB points to LILO., GRUB need not be reinstalled after it has been modified.,
2. The first process generated on a Linux system is ___________.
pass, pwd, passwd quiz generator , p,
3. How many active partitions can there be per hard disk drive?
1, 6, 0, 5,
4. Which two implementations of X Windows are commonly used in Linux? (Choose two answers.)
/etc/initstate, /inittab web tool , /etc/init web 2.0 , /etc/inittab,
5. What keyword in the LILO configuration file specifies the absolute pathname to the Linux kernel?
startgui, gdm, startx , winstart,
6. If a user enters Single User Mode, who is she automatically logged in as?
The boot loader points to the MBR., Either the MBR or the active partition can contain the boot loader., Both the MBR and the active partition point to the boot loader., The boot loader points to the active partition.,
7. Which runlevel halts the system?
lilo, refresh, set lilo, reset lilo,
8. In what directory is the Linux kernel stored?
default, prompt, root, image,
9. The timeout value in the GRUB configuration file is measured in?
TRUE, FALSE quiz builder , ,
10. If GRUB has been password protected, what must you type to enter the password when at the graphical GRUB screen?
4, 16, 1, 2,
11. Which of the following statements is true?
(hd3,2), (hd4,3) save time , (hd2,3), (hd2,1),
12. Which command is used to reinstall LILO after its configuration has been altered?
X.org, XFce generate answer keys , Xconfigurator, XFree86,
13. To make dual booting as easy as possible, Linux should be the second operating system installed. True or False?
/etc/rc.d/rc2.d, /rc.d/rc2.d help students assimilate material , /etc/rc.d/l2.d, /etc/inittab/rc2/d,
14. Which utility can be used to configure the video card and monitor used by X Windows in Red Hat Fedora Core 2?
/boot, /root, /bin, /,
15. Which of the following indicates the second partition on the third hard disk drive to GRUB?
a. the user name she provided, root, admin, there is no user available in Single Mode,
16. What is the name of the directory that contains the configuration information for runlevel 2?
a. initstate, b. inittab, init, linux,
17. Which of the following statements is true?
X.config, system-config-display, xconfig, xvidtune,
18. Which command causes the system to enter Single User Mode?
init 0, init 1, init 6, initstate 5,
19. Which file does init reference on startup to determine what to configure for a given runlevel?
seconds, 1/10 of miniutes, 1/10 of seconds, 1/100 of seconds,