Ancient Civilizations1. What is Abraham known for?
conquering the largest empire in the ancient world, leading the Hebrews out of slavery in Egypt, making a covenant to worship one god, establishing a fair code of laws for an empire
2. Which civilization is known for developing an alphabet?
Hebrews, Phoenicians, Persians, Egyptians
3. Which civilization is known for trading and establishing colonies around the Mediterranean?
Phoenicia online learning games , Mesopotamia, Egypt, Persia
4. Which civilization practiced Zoroastrianism?
Persia, Egypt, Hebrews, Phoenicia
5. All of the following are characteristics of the Persian empire EXCEPT:
tolerance, road systems, monotheism, imperial bureaucracy
6. What do most early river valley civilizations have in common?
cuneiform, the practice of slavery, the belief in one god, tolerant rulers
7. The Torah and Ten Commandments are associated with --
Judaism, Polytheism, Zoroastrianism, Mummification
8. In most ancient civilizations, government authority was based on --
religion generate answer keys , occupation, age, wealth
9. Which civilization was most influenced by Egypt?
Nubia, Persia, Phoenicia, Sumer
10. school Which city is associated with the origins of Judaism?
Babylon, Jerusalem, Carthage, Persepolis
11. Which leader helped the Hebrews escape from Egypt?
Moses, Abraham, Hammurabi, Cyrus
12. results The scattering of Jewish people is called --
diaspora, enslavement, exile, colonies
13. What did the Rosetta stone help decipher?
cuneiform, alphabet, hieroglyphics, oral language
14. What kind of writing was invented in Sumer?
cuneiform, hieroglyphics, oral language, alphabet
15. Which empire had imperial bureaucracy?
Hebrews distant learning , Egyptians, Persians, Phoenicians
16. online learning games Which religion believes in two opposing forces: good and evil?
Judaism, theocracy, Zoroastrianism, monotheism
17. quiz builder Which river is associated with the homeland of the Hebrews?
Jordan River, Tigris River, Nile River, Indus River
18. Which civilization had ziggurats?
Egypt, Hebrews, Mesopotamians, Persians