Chapter 31. Which installation screen only appears if certain hardware is detected by the installation program?
Who, man Help, man -descriptive, info,
2. Which prompt do regular users receive when logged in to the system?
shutdown -c, shutdown -r, down, halt,
3. How can you protect a metacharacter (such as the $ character) from shell interpretation?
find keyword, man keyword, apropos keyword, appaloosa keyword,
4. Which command displays the users who are currently logged in to the Linux system?
text, full, subtext, graphical,
5. What equivalent to the man command generally provides an easier-to-read description of the queried command and also contains links to other related information?
TRUE, FALSE, ,
6. If you are planning to install 2.3Gb of packages when installing your Linux server, how much free space should you have on your hard disk to create the necessary filesystems?
erase, clean, blank, clear,
7. Which command blanks the terminal screen erasing previously displayed output?
Ctrl%2bAlt%2bF1, Ctrl%2bAlt%2b7, Ctrl%2bAlt%2bF7, Ctrl%2b7,
8. 1. What is the default shell in Linux called?
GUID, shell, text box, command screen,
9. The Red Hat Fedora installation can be performed in which two of the following modes?
TRUE, FALSE, class website ,
10. Which of the following packages can be used to standardize configuration files across Linux systems?
Precede it with a /., Follow it with a . crossword maker , Precede it with a $., Precede it with a .,
11. Linux commands entered via the command line are not case sensitive. True or False?
man –k flush, man –k find all, man flush, man –key flush,
12. What command is equivalent to the man –k keyword command?
finger, who, id, date,
13. Which boot loader is available to choose from during the installation of Red Hat Fedora?
Samba, Apache, NIS, NFS,
14. You know a Linux command will perform a desired function for you, but you cannot remember the full name of the command. You do remember it will flush a variable from your system. Which command typed at a command prompt displays a list of commands that would likely contain the command you desire?
$, #, @, !,
15. What command can you use to safely shut down the Linux system immediately?
$, @, #, !,
16. Users enter commands directly to the kernel of the Linux operating system. True or False?
firewall configuration, network configuration, boot loader configuration, X Windows customization,
17. Which two partitions do you typically create at minimum during a Red Hat Fedora Linux installation?
/, /boot, swap, /home,
18. Which prompt does the root user receive when logged in to the system?
2.3Gb, 3 Gb, 3.5 Gb online learning games , 4.6 Gb,
19. After a user logs in to a terminal, he receives a user interface called a _________.
Lilo, About, Grub learning , Tex,