Chapter 11. What is the most common open source Web server available for Linux?
TRUE, FALSE, ,
2. What are some good reasons for using Linux in a corporate environment? (Choose all that apply.)
production, stable, multiuser, multitasking, processing, operating quiz generator , large, useful,
3. The core component of the Linux operating system is the Linux kernel. If you were a Linux systems administrator for a company, when would you need to upgrade your Linux kernel? (Choose all that apply.)
when you need to have support in Linux for new hardware, when you need another user interface, when you need to increase the stability of Linux, when you need to use kernel modules,
4. Many types of software are available today. Which type of software does Linux represent?
2.3.4, 2.5.5, 2.2.7, 2.4.4,
5. When the core components of the Linux operating system are packaged together with other Open Source Software, it is called a
closed source software, Open Source Software, freeware, shareware,
6. 1. Every computer consists of physical components and logical components. The logical components of a computer that understand how to work with the physical components are referred to as:
revision number is even, minor number is odd, major number is odd, minor number is even,
7. Which two people are accredited with creating the UNIX operating system? (Choose two answers.)
The value of the software is directly related to its price., The software is developed collaboratively., The source code for software is available for a small fee. online learning games , Any bugs are fixed quickly.,
8. The operating system software is necessary for a computer to function. True or False?
open license, artistic license, GNU Public License teaching , free source license,
9. Who formed the Free Software Foundation to promote open development?
Linux software is unlikely to become abandoned by its developers., Linux is secure and has a lower total cost of ownership than other operating systems., Linux is widely available for many platforms and supports many programming languages., Most Linux software is closed source.,
10. Which of the following can be used on Linux to provide file and print services?
HOWTO documents at http://www.linuxdoc.org , A local Linux User Group, Internet newsgroups, all the above,
11. Which of the following kernels are developmental kernels? (Choose all that apply.)
Dennis Ritchie, Richard Stallman, Linus Torvalds, Ken Thompson,
12. A production kernel refers to a kernel whose:
Dennie Ritchie, Richard Stallman, Linus Torvalds, Ken Thompson,
13. Linux is a ___________ and ___________ operating system.
the hacker culture, the MIT culture, the cracker culture, the Artificial Intelligence culture,
14. Which common GUI environments are available in most Linux distributions? (Choose all that apply.)
Linus Torvalds, MINIX, Linux Torvalds, GNU, Richard Stallman, GNU, Richard Stallman, MINIX,
15. Linux was developed by __________ to resemble the _________ operating system.
new kernel, new platform e-learning , Linux distribution, GNU Project,
16. Which culture embraced the term GNU (GNU’s Not UNIX) and laid the free software groundwork for Linux?
GNOME, CDE prepare quiz , KDE, RPM,
17. Which of the following are characteristics of Open Source Software? (Choose all that apply.)
package manager support, hardware platform, kernel features, language support,
18. To which license does Linux adhere?
Samba, Apache, Quid, Pine,
19. Which of the following are common methods for gaining support for Linux?
Samba, Apache, Quid, Pine,