Linux Admin Basic Test1. Which machine run-level is unused by default?
Lets clients receive their IP address and routing information from a single server. , Provides hostname, routing, log host, nameserver, and WINS information , The two programs that give you access to DHCP services are dhcpd and dhcpp , A,B ,
2. Which directory in the Filesystem Hierarchy stores the default user folder for use?
/home, /sbin, /lib ESL , /root,
3. After typing the Is -F command, you notice a filename that ends with an * asterisk character. What does this meant.
/var, /sbin, /lib, /opt,
4. Which Linux command is used to display the current directory?
/dev/hda, /dev/hdb, /dev/hdc, /dev/hdd,
5. Which of the following is not a UNIX GUI
Sets the mode for the X Window System, Tells Linux you have a VGA card, Sets the text mode for the console, None of above,
6. If you are installing a software package from source coder the file will typically have which extension?
ifconfig, ipconfig, netstatstimulate your students , ping,
7. _________________________ is distributed free of charge, yet after a certain number of hours of usage or to gain certain features of the program, payment is required.
Samba will start at system boot up, Samba will start when any ony tries to access it, Samba will start when the root user will logon, None of above,
8. Which of the following commands reboots the system immediately?
Samba will start automatically, Samba will start whenever root logs in, Only root will be able to start Samba, It is the only way to start samba,
9. Which command will delete a directory
6, 4 results history , 3, 5,
10. The _________________________ command displays information on system users.
Shareware, Freeware, Artistic license software, GPL license software,
11. How you will check the ip address in Linux?
clear, finger, who, whoami,
12. After typing the Is -a command, you notice a filename that starts with %22.%22 dot character. What does this meant.
shutdown –r now, shutdown –r %2b4, shutdown –h %2b4, shutdown –h now,
13. If a CD-ROM drive is configured as a secondary slave, what is the name of the associated device file?
cd, pwd, ~ create online quizzes , dir,
14. Which of the following Linux packages can be used for web caching?
0007, 0077, 0777, 7777,
15. Which of the following is true of DHCP?
configure the dialer, configure the PPP settings, configure the pppd daemon distance learning , configure the PPTP settings,
16. What is the function of Ctrl%2bD in Bash shells
Analogue modems, Cable modems educational games , Win modems, PCI modems,
17. A user is logged into the UNIX workstations what is the best way to login to root from shell prompt.
qmail, squid, apache, samba,
18. You always get GUI to login, what is the run level
/usr, /lib, /root, /bin,
19. What is a Linux ISO.
del -d dirname, rm -d dirname, rrm -r dirname create online tests , del -r dirname,
20. Samba server cannot do:
Lilo, motif, Grub, win,
21. Which is not a UNIX boot loader?
Xfree86, KDE, Motif, Gnome,
22. What will happen with command Chkconfig –-level 35 smb on
Suspend a program, Show file, Log out, Login,
23. To set up a connection to your ISP via your modem, what should you do (choose all that apply):
An Independent System Organizer for compiling Linux apps , A particular isolated section of Linux code print quizzes , A downloadable file containing a CD-ROM disc image of Linux, An Incredibly Stupid Operator of Linux,
24. Which directory in the Filesystem Hierarchy stores additional software programs?
It is a hidden file., It is a linked file, It is a special device file, It is an executable file,
25. To set all of the special permissions on a certain file or directory, you can use the command chmod _________________________ name.
It is a hidden file, It is a linked file, It is a special device file, It is an executable file,
26. You have made the following entry in .bashrc while loged in as root /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start What will be the behavior of samba
src, .exe, stop, Jeff,
27. Which of the following modems cannot be used on linux systems
Assist in network browsing, Windows NT/2000/2003 PDC, Act as an active directory domain controller, Authenticate Windows domain logins,
28. Pazeer is planning the partition table for her new workstation. Assuming she will give each of the following directories its own partition, which partition should be the largest?
logic root, chaser root, su, root,
29. What operating system was UNIX designed to %22resemble somewhat%22?
Minix, Windows, System V, Unix,