Linux Basic Test1. Which Linux command is used to display the current directory?
0, 2 computer assisted language learning , 4, 6,
2. Word in Office is # in OpenOffice
ifconfig, ipconfig, netstat, ping,
3. Which file name extension is used for compiled object files?
Lets clients receive their IP address and routing information from a single server., Provides hostname, routing, log host, nameserver, and WINS information. interactive , The two programs that give you access to DHCP services are dhcpd and dhcpp, A,B,
4. How you will check the ip address in linux?
Samba will start automatically, Samba will start whenever root logs in, Only root will be able to start Samba, It is the only way to start samba,
5. Which flag to the ls command is used to list all files?
443, 80, 321, 25,
6. What permission must a user have for a directory in order to list its contents?
mysql, apache, freetype-devel, A,B,C,
7. What is the traditional filesystem used on Linux?
0, 1, 2, 5,
8. What is the default port of http
Shareware, Freeware, Artistic license software, GPL license software,
9. Access in Office is # in OpenOffice.
Installfest, LUG, HOWTO educational games , MANUAL,
10. Paint in Office is # in OpenOffice.
BSD, DEC, C, Solaris,
11. Which of the following is true of DHCP?
X Windows, Linux X, Visual Linux, Solaris,
12. Which of the following Linux packages can be used for web caching?
Memory partition, Physical RAM, The Linux kernel, Swap Memory,
13. You have made the following entry in .bashrc while loged in as root /etc/rc.d/init.d/smb start What will be the behavior of samba
cd, pwd, ~, dir,
14. The Linux kernel was invented by
.o, .so, .Z, .sh,
15. For which of the following architectures is Red Hat Linux available
-a, -A, -F, –r,
16. Powerpoint in Officeis # in OpenOffice.
Read, Write, Execute, List,
17. The UNIX operating system was rewritten in the ________________ programming language
bfs, ext2, ext3, hpfs,
18. Excel in Office is # in OpenOffice
PCI modems, Cable modems, Analogue modems, Win modems,
19. The core component of the GUI in Linux is referred to as ______________________ and can be obtained from the Internet.
qmail, squid, apache, samba,
20. Which of the following will have to install before you can compile PHP to interact with MySQL.
Samba is an Anti virus for Linux, Samba is a cross platform protocol for sharing file. , Samba check Linux file system for any error. , None of Above ,
21. What is bash?
Shareware, Freeware, Artistic license, GPL,
22. What protocol samba is used for?
write,Writer,WRITER, , ,
23. Which of the following modems cannot be used on linux systems
calc,Calc,CALC, , ,
24. Which machine run-level is unused by default?
impress,Impress,IMPRESS,presentation,Presentation, results history , ,
25. Linux documentation is provided in the form of easy-to-read instructions known as ______________ documents, which are arranged by topic and are available to anyone.
draw,Draw,DRAW, , ,
26. This a “/%22 is called:
base,Base,BASE, , ,
27. Linux is distributed under_______________ licenses.
Linus, Pauling Linus, Torvalds Linus, Van Pelt,
28. _________________________ consists of an area on the hard disk for storing information that would normally reside in physical memory (RAM) if the physical memory is being used excessively.
Something you do to a watermelon, A command to delete multiple files, A network bit format, A command shell,
29. You always get GUI to login, what is the run level
User directory, Directory, root directory, root partition,