World War II1. He was president of the US when the decision was made to drop the atomic bomb.
Harry Burns, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower
2. The testing of the atomic bomb known as the Trinity Test was conducted in which state?
Washington, Tennessee, Arizona, New Mexico
3. WWII began when Germany invaded
France, USSR, Poland , Belgium
4. Appeasement means to %27give in in order to keep the peace%27
True, False, -, -
5. During the first few months following American entry into World War II,
national opinion was sharply divided about the war., national opinion was strongly against the war., national opinion was unified even though the war was going badly, none of these
6. The famous image of %22Rosie the Riveter%22 promoted
African American labor , Female labor, buying war bonds, planting victory gardens
7. The objective of the Manhattan Project was to develop
relocation centers for Japanese Americans., the atomic bomb., a system of coastal defenses., synthetic rubber.
8. web pageHigh unemployment was characteristic of the WWII era in the United States.
True, False, --, --
9. How did the U.S. government use propaganda to influence public opinion?
By lowering taxes, By printing posters about the Germans and Japanese, By encouraging people to vote, By holding presidential debates
10. When did WWII start?
1933, 1939, 1941, 1945
11. Which occurred first?
V-E Day, V-J Day, --, --
12. A major cause of the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II was
national segregation policies , immigration quotas , racial prejudice , economic depression
13. The Lend Lease Act
helped stop the spread of communism, convinced Americans that the war was necessary, created jobs during WWII, helped Allied nations without getting involved in the war effort
14. build your own quiz President Harry Truman’s decision to use atomic bombs against Japan was primarily based on his belief that
it would help stop the spread of communism, an alliance was forming between Japan and the Soviet Union, Japan was in the process of creating its own atomic weapon, an invasion of Japan would result in excessive casualties
15. President Harry Truman justified using atomic bombs on Japan in 1945 on the grounds that the
world was ready for a demonstration of nuclear power, Axis powers deserved total destruction, early ending of the war would save many US lives, American public demanded that the bomb be used