Endodontics1. What does a endodontics file do?
to detect infection , to take an xray, to fill the canal assess performance , measuring the canal length precisely,
2. What is an apex locator used for?
to measure the canal, to fill a space and close off, perforation of root and root canal, surgical procedure at the apex,
3. What is a finger spreader used for?
Pain to pressure (TTP), Bleeding gums, Ulceration of the tongue, True Pocket,
4. What does obturation mean?
measuring canal length, to fill the root canal , to absorb moisture , to clean the interdental space,
5. Why would a dentist use paper points?
extraction, filling, scale and polish , apply flouride,
6. Name one indicator of needing an RCT?
interdental cleaning, extractions, cleans and shapes the root canal, polish the tooth,
7. What is an alternative treatment to RCT?
to see if its magnetic, to see if it can be seen on xray, to obtain the working length, to check for caries ,
8. Why does the dentist take an xray with a file in the canal
packing point to ensure no spaces remain, to measure the canals, to check retention, type of rubber dam clamp,