11 grade. Unit 17 Exercises. II.Fill in the blanks with either correct form of the verb in brackets, or with a necessary word.
1. Do you prefer watching a DVD at home to # (go) to the cinema?
making, activity , ,
2. Would you prefer to get a pizza rather # go out tonight?
buying, online activities , ,
3. I don%27t know how you managed # (persuade) the bank manager to lend you so much money!
to sudy, , ,
4. The kids were pretending # (be) asleep, but they didn%27t fool me for a second.
to persuade, , ,
5. I would prefer to go to the concert tomorrow # than on Saturday.
walking, , ,
6. She had # start revising if she wants to do well in the exam next week.
stealing, , ,
7. I%27d # you didn%27t practice playing the trumpet while I;m trying to study.
to be, , ,
8. I%27d rather # to that jazz club than a night club.
to accept, , matching excercise ,
9. He%27d # not have to get up so early tomorrow, but he will if he has to.
to go, create online quizzes , ,
10. I generally prefer coffee # tea.
to be given, , ,
11. I can%27t resist # (buy) things when they%27re in the sales.
to, , ,
12. Don%27t you think we # better turn the music down a bit?
going, , ,
13. We queued up early in # to get good seats.
rather, , ,
14. Do you deny # (steal) the money? Yes or no?
than, , ,
15. I refuse # (accept) that there%27s no alternative.
had, , ,
16. I%27ll never forgive June for # (lie) to me like that.
better, save time , ,
17. You%27d # get tickets soon as they%27re running out.
to, crossword maker , elearning ,
18. I called the theatre # find out what time the concert started.
rather, class website , ,
19. You # better see a doctor if you%27re not feeling well.
prefer, , ,
20. No one understands how Jill can afford # (go) on so many holidays each year.
go, , ,
21. I prefer pop music # rock, to be honest.
rather, learning , ,
22. He expected # (give) a brand new computer for Christmas, but all he got was a second-hand watch.
better, , educational games ,
23. Does Jessica dislike # (walk) so much that she%27s not going to come with us?
order, , ,
24. Ivan%27s not very good at # (make) friends.
as, class web page , ,
25. We%27ve got to encourage students # (study), not to blame them for not studying.
to, , ,
26. We waited for hours so # not to miss the VIPs arriving
had, , ,