Business Management Semester Review Chapter 31. Leaders that can see all sides of a problem and not make biased judgments or statements are said to posses
objectivity, initiative, courage, judgment
2. Leaders have ambition and persistence in reaching goals. They are self-starters who plan what they want to do and then do it. This leadership trait is called
courage, initiative, judgment, objectivity
3. The type of power that results from the manager%27s knowledge and skills is ____ power.
expert, referent, judgment, reward
4. crossword maker When managers increase employees%27 salaries when they meet the goals established for them, the type of power the manager is using is ____ power.
expert, legitimate, coercive, reward
5. A type of power often granted to experienced or well-liked employees is
expert, legitimate, reward, referent
6. A type of power often granted to experienced or well-liked employees is
legitimate and referent, referent and expert, expert and legitimate, legitimate, coercive and reward
7. The ability to control behavior in an organization is known as
power, management, leadership, initiative
8. Expert power is given to people
who are considered the most knowledgeable, because of the position they hold in the organization, who control rewards and punishment, because others identify with and want to be accepted by them.
9. What types of power come from the manager%27s position in the company?
legitimate, reward and coercive, referent, coercive and expert interactive , reward and expert, referent and reward
10. Refers to how well people get along with each other when working together
teambuilding, leadership, leadership characteristics, human relations
11. Employees will be most productive when
the work meets their needs as well as those of the company., understand why the work is important , they feel they are an important part of the business , all of the responses
12. quiz generator Having leadership characteristics do not
create an atmosphere that encourages employees to do best, guarantee that the manager will earn the respect and cooperation , guarantee that managers will receive position power, ensure that a person will be a good manager
13. Leaders use this leadership characteristic to study, learn, and improve their management skills
intelligence, objectivity, initiative, confidence
14. Leaders must make decisions and they must consider all facts carefully by applying knowledge, experience and new information
honesty, stability, judgment, understanding
15. Leaders are consistent in their actions, and others can rely on them. This is which leadership characteristic?
stability, dependability, confidence, objectivity
16. Leaders must be able to work well with others and understand that people working together can accomplish more than the same people working alone
confidence, dependability, cooperation, stability
17. Leaders must be able to work well with others and understand that people working together can accomplish more than the same people working alone
honesty interactive , courage, objectivity, cooperation
18. When a leader is not highly emotional, and you can depend on their reactions, the leader has
initiative, stability, dependablity, cooperation
19. When leaders recognize that the feelings and ideas of others are important, the leader has which leadership characteristic?
stability, dependability, cooperation, understanding
20. Which type of power is the fastest to persuade?
legitimate, referent, expert, reward
21. Reward power means an employee believes
they are going to get some type of reward for doing their job., that one individual has so much more expertise in an area, that others identify with and want to be accepted by them, that the person has the authority to tell them what to do
22. Reward power only works if
the reward is appealing, believe the leader will actually give the reward, proportionate to the task, all of the answers are correct
23. A client/attorney relationship is an example of which type of power?
reward, expert, referent, legitimate
24. Type of power given to people because others identify with and want to be accepted by them.
referent, reward, legitimate, coercive
25. Involves an awareness of our attitudes and opinions, your leadership style, your decision making style and your relationships with other people
Team Building, Communication help students assimilate material , Understanding of others, Self Understanding
26. The human relations skill that means that a manager cannot treat everyone the same way and a manager must know the best way to work with each employee
Job Satisfaction, Self Understanding, Understanding of others, Team Building
27. Human relations skill that means that a manager is listening to employee concerns, so that he/she can identify problems
Understanding of others, Communication, Job Satisfaction, Team Building
28. Human relations skill that means getting people to believe in the goals of the company and work well together to achieve them.
Self Understanding, Understanding of others, Team Building, Job Satisfaction
29. Human relations skill that means that managers must be aware of the differences among their employees to help them maintain a high level of job satisfaction
Self Understanding, Communication, Job Satisfaction, Team Building