TED - Units 1,2,3 - Practice Quiz 11. The alphabet and coins came into general use during what time period?
Stone age, Middle ages , Information age, Iron age
2. A time of rebirth in arts and humanities was known as:
Information age, Industrial Revolution save time , Renaissance, Middle ages
3. Which age was defined by the use of iron and steel?
Middle, Renaissance, Industrial, Iron
4. elearning The invention of the transistor and microprocessor launched the:
Information age, Industrial revolution, Globalization of work, Renaissance
5. The printing press, magnetic compass, paper money, and the water wheel were invented during the:
Renaissance, Iron age, Middle ages, Bronze age
6. What invention started the information age?
cell phone, computer, Internet, mp3 player
7. The compass, telescope and calculator are all products of the:
Information age, Middle age, Iron age, Renaissance age
8. The information age covers most types of communication, what is NOT a product of the information age?
Television, Computer, mp3 player, Cell phone
9. In order to better understand the world and technology around them, people need to understand:
the current technology, the future of the country, the history of technology, the history of civilization
10. Technology involves the use of processes to develop ____ that solve problems and extend human capabilities.
theories, keys, systems, ideas
11. The development and widespread use of agricultural technology led to significant improvements in:
personal hygiene, human longevity and health, engineering, scientific discovery
12. Producing more products (outputs) with fewer resources (inputs) is referred as improving ...
optimization, progress, evolution, productivity
13. An example of a product of technological evolution is ...
wooden pencil, mechanical pencil, cave painting, ink and quill
14. Which of the following components of the systems model provides information for the system to adjust its function according to the provided information?
process, output, feedback, input