11 grade. UNIT 14. HEALTH AND FITNESS. PRACTICEYou will have 12 minutes to complete the tasks.
1. Make sure you wash your cut properly so that you don%27t get a/an #.
prescription, , ,
2. to do less of (smoking etc.); to reduce the amount of = to #
thin, , ,
3. inject - # (прививка, укол, n.)
remedy, , ,
4. набирать вес - to # weight
ward, , ,
5. to stop doing sth you do regularly = to #
fever, , ,
6. The instruction said the recommended # was 2 teaspons twice a day.
pollution, , ,
7. сыпь, покраснения на коже - #
bandage, , ,
8. a long thin piece of cloth that you wrap around an injured part of your body - a #
to come round, to come to, , ,
9. Which words admit of a prefix %22un-%22? (there might be more than one answer):
give up, , ,
10. to recover - # (выздоровление, n.)
put down, , ,
11. Don%27t # yourself.
wear off, , online activities ,
12. Mike was # serious danger.
cut down on, , ,
13. to recover from (an illness etc) = to #
break out, , class web page ,
14. More and more people suffer # all kinds of health problems.
get over, , ,
15. a piece of paper that doctor gives a patient that says what type of medicine s/he needs - a #.
surgery, , ,
16. strong - to # (усиливать, укреплять, v.)
investigate, , ,
17. The flu epidemic # in June (The flu epidemic started suddenly in June)
rash, , ,
18. Heidi suddenly # and fell on the floor (Heidi suddenly became unconscious and fell on the floor).
put on , , ,
19. a cure for pain or for a minor illness - a #
slim, , ,
20. My dentist told me to # (My dentist told me to take care of my teeth).
allergic , online activities , ,
21. You know for sure that smoking may lead # cancer.
surgeon, , save time ,
22. The woman asked the vet to # to stop him from suffering any longer (The woman asked the vet to kill the dog to stop him from suffering any longer).
cooperative, online activities , ,
23. I beleive he is able to cope # his problems himself.
beneficial, , ,
24. расследовать - to #
awareness, , ,
25. Which words admit of a suffix %22-tion%22? (there might be more than one answer):
recovery, , ,
26. Young people become addicted # computers.
poisonous, , ,
27. operate - # (не желающий сотрудничать, adj.)
emphasise, , ,
28. to kill a sick/old animal = to #
strengthen, , ,
29. Several people were # in the accident.
injection, , ,
30. aware - # (осведомленность, n)
aware, comfortable, ill, fit,
31. My doctor gave me a # for some medicine.
inject, benefit, operate, recover,
32. having very little fat on one%27s body (adj.) - #
prescription, remedy, recipe, advice,
33. Is it true that getting wet can # a cold? (Is it true that getting wet can cause a cold?)
cure, remedy, recipe, prescription,
34. хирургия - #
investigate, hurt create online activities , examine, look after,
35. to start suddenly (for a war, fire etc) = to #
injection, infection, pollution, treatment,
36. benefit - # (выгодный, adj.)
damaged, operated mix questions , infected activity , injured,
37. to become conscious = to #
dose, fix, remedy, prescription,
38. I don%27 really # tonight (i don%27t really have the energy to go out tonight).
sore, pain, hurt,
39. I%27d like to # fit by going to the swimming pool twice a week.
to, with, on, in,
40. chemicals and other substances that have a harmful effect on air, water or land - #
do, make, break, form,
41. The doctor asked me to strip to the waist so that he could # my chest.
make, set, go, keep,
42. emphasis - to # (подчеркивать, выделять, v.)
get, do, make online activities , have,
43. Many people are worried # drugs today.
about, by, , ,
44. My grannie uses an old-fashioned # for her arthritis.
with, , ,
45. a medical condition in which the temperature of one%27s body is very high - a #
from, , ,
46. Why don%27t you # an appointment with the doctor tomorrow?
from, , ,
47. allergy - # (аллергический, имеющий аллергию, adj.)
to, , ,
48. Dan # the flu, which meant he coulnd%27t work (Dan couldn%27t work because he caught the flue).
to, , ,
49. to stop being effective (for a drug etc.) = to #
to, , ,
50. a set of instructions for cooking or preparing food - a #.
came down with, , ,
51. I guess your brother will have to find an alternative # all those sugary snacks he eats.
feel up to going, , ,
52. стройный - #
broke out, , ,
53. a large room in a hospital with beds for people to stay in - # a
put down the dog, put the dog down, , ,
54. poison - # (ядовитый, adj.)
passed out, test , ,
55. You will surely benefit # taking medicine exactly as prescribed.
bring on, , ,
56. More vegetables will # you good.
give up smoking, , ,
57. I%27m gettng really tired of telling you to #. (I%27m gettng really tired of telling you to quit smoking).
look after my teeth., , ,