11 grade. UNIT 14. HEALTH AND FITNESS. PRACTICEYou will have 12 minutes to complete the tasks.
1. You know for sure that smoking may lead # cancer.
prescription, web tool , ,
2. набирать вес - to # weight
thin, , ,
3. My grannie uses an old-fashioned # for her arthritis.
remedy, , ,
4. to recover - # (выздоровление, n.)
ward, , ,
5. My dentist told me to # (My dentist told me to take care of my teeth).
fever, , ,
6. aware - # (осведомленность, n)
pollution, , ,
7. I%27d like to # fit by going to the swimming pool twice a week.
bandage, , ,
8. I beleive he is able to cope # his problems himself.
to come round, to come to, , ,
9. a piece of paper that doctor gives a patient that says what type of medicine s/he needs - a #.
give up, , ,
10. Young people become addicted # computers.
put down, , ,
11. More vegetables will # you good.
wear off, , ,
12. to kill a sick/old animal = to #
cut down on, , ,
13. strong - to # (усиливать, укреплять, v.)
break out, , ,
14. a long thin piece of cloth that you wrap around an injured part of your body - a #
get over, , ,
15. I don%27 really # tonight (i don%27t really have the energy to go out tonight).
surgery, , ,
16. Several people were # in the accident.
investigate, , ,
17. Make sure you wash your cut properly so that you don%27t get a/an #.
rash, , ,
18. a set of instructions for cooking or preparing food - a #.
put on , , ,
19. I guess your brother will have to find an alternative # all those sugary snacks he eats.
slim, , ,
20. Which words admit of a suffix %22-tion%22? (there might be more than one answer):
allergic , , ,
21. operate - # (не желающий сотрудничать, adj.)
surgeon, , ,
22. emphasis - to # (подчеркивать, выделять, v.)
cooperative, online activities , ,
23. inject - # (прививка, укол, n.)
beneficial, , ,
24. сыпь, покраснения на коже - #
awareness, , ,
25. Many people are worried # drugs today.
recovery, , ,
26. Heidi suddenly # and fell on the floor (Heidi suddenly became unconscious and fell on the floor).
poisonous, , ,
27. You will surely benefit # taking medicine exactly as prescribed.
emphasise, , ,
28. My doctor gave me a # for some medicine.
strengthen, , ,
29. Is it true that getting wet can # a cold? (Is it true that getting wet can cause a cold?)
injection, , ,
30. surgery - # (хирург, n.)
aware, comfortable, ill, fit,
31. Don%27t # yourself.
inject, benefit, operate create online quizzes , recover,
32. стройный - #
prescription, remedy, recipe, advice,
33. chemicals and other substances that have a harmful effect on air, water or land - #
cure, remedy, recipe, prescription,
34. Why don%27t you # an appointment with the doctor tomorrow?
investigate, hurt, examine, look after,
35. to start suddenly (for a war, fire etc) = to #
injection, infection, pollution, treatment,
36. allergy - # (аллергический, имеющий аллергию, adj.)
damaged, operated, infected, injured,
37. Dan # the flu, which meant he coulnd%27t work (Dan couldn%27t work because he caught the flue).
dose, fix prepare quiz , remedy, prescription,
38. More and more people suffer # all kinds of health problems.
sore, pain, hurt,
39. хирургия - #
to, with, on, in,
40. to do less of (smoking etc.); to reduce the amount of = to #
do, make, break, form,
41. a large room in a hospital with beds for people to stay in - # a
make, set, go, keep,
42. расследовать - to #
get, do, make, have,
43. The flu epidemic # in June (The flu epidemic started suddenly in June)
about, by, , ,
44. Mike was # serious danger.
with, , ,
45. The doctor asked me to strip to the waist so that he could # my chest.
from, , quiz generator ,
46. a medical condition in which the temperature of one%27s body is very high - a #
from, , ,
47. to recover from (an illness etc) = to #
to, ESL , ,
48. to stop doing sth you do regularly = to #
to, , ,
49. The instruction said the recommended # was 2 teaspons twice a day.
to, , ,
50. I%27m gettng really tired of telling you to #. (I%27m gettng really tired of telling you to quit smoking).
came down with, , ,
51. The woman asked the vet to # to stop him from suffering any longer (The woman asked the vet to kill the dog to stop him from suffering any longer).
feel up to going, , ,
52. Which words admit of a prefix %22un-%22? (there might be more than one answer):
broke out, , tool for teachers ,
53. benefit - # (выгодный, adj.)
put down the dog, put the dog down, web page, quiz builder ,
54. having very little fat on one%27s body (adj.) - #
passed out, , ,
55. poison - # (ядовитый, adj.)
bring on, , ,
56. to become conscious = to #
give up smoking, , ,
57. to stop being effective (for a drug etc.) = to #
look after my teeth., , ,