Imperialism II-World War One MC practiceAfter reviewing the following items please complete the questions until scoring at least 90%25 in order to earn homework credit of twenty-five points. 1. The %22Imperialism II%22 packet and questions. 2. %22Causes of World War One%22 notes on notebook paper. 3. %22Reasons why the United States entered WW I%22 on notebook paper. 4. %22The World War One%22 reading packet including the homework questions. 5. The %22American Homefront%22 notes. 6. The %22Maryland and World War One%22 questions.
1. World War One was fought from
1914-1918, 1910-1918, 1917-1918, 1916-1917
2. elearning The President of the United States during World War One was
Woodrow Wilson, Theodore Roosevelt, William Taft, William Jennings Bryan
3. Roosevelt added his _________ to the Monroe Doctrine. This legitimized US involvement in unstable Latin America countries.
Open Door notes, Fourteen Points, Corollary, Enforcement Policy
4. During World War One, Camp Meade opened as a place to primarily
train troops heading for fighting in Europe., manufacture containers of poison gas., test chemical weapons for use during the war., drive new vehicles over a test course.
5. web pageThe Open Door notes written by the United States government
dealt with receiving American trade rights in China, dealt with American trading rights in Panama, dealt with America annexing or taking over parts of China, dealt with America taking over parts of Japan
6. The United States gained control of the Panama canal after urging the people of Panama to revolt and declare freedom from neighboring
Colombia, Mexico, Brazil, Peru
7. Within the late 1800%27s, Americans overthrew a Pacific monarchy in _______________ and eventually the nation was annexed or officially taken over by the United States.
Japan, Panama, Hawaii, New Zealand
8. During Theodore Roosevelt%27s time, the %22big stick%22 primarily symbolized the United States using ______________to carry out foreign policy.
military force especially the navy, Red Cross help including medical assistance, humanitarian assistance such as financial help, technological expertise with communication systems
9. dynamic quiz %22Spheres of influence%22 were areas in China or other nations dominated by
imperialistic nations mainly from Europe., imperialistic nations from Latin America., imperialistic nations mainly from Asia., imperialistic nations from the Middle East.
10. The causes of World War One were summarized with the acronym
SEATO, NAFTA, MAIN, NATO
11. Upon viewing the answers, it is apparent that they all represented major causes of World War I with the exception of
militarism, imperialism, alliances, socialism
12. The central powers of World War One included
Germany, Austria-Hungary and the Ottoman Empire, Germany, Russia and France, Germany, France and Austria-Hungary, Germany, Russia and the Ottoman Empire
13. Federal government organizations which assisted with the United States war effort were all of the following except the
Food Administration, War Industries Board, Fuel Administration, Department of Energy
14. The United States entered World War One in
1915, 1914, 1916, 1917
15. While the United States was involved in World War One, Congress passed and the President signed the
Espionage and Sedition Acts, Patriot Acts, Alien and Sedition Acts, Internment Act
16. The treaty which ended World War One was known as the
Treaty of Paris, Treaty of Guadalupe Hildalgo, Versailles Treaty, Peace of Westphalia
17. While Woodrow Wilson helped to negotiate the Versailles Treaty, it was rejected by the United States
Senate including Senator Lodge, Senate including Senator Taft, House of Representatives including Congressman Lodge, House of Representatives including Congressman Taft
18. A priorty of the President after World War One was to promote _________ or allowing people within an ethnic region to decide how they wanted to be governed.
self-determination, big stick-determination, self-actualization, big stick-actualization
19. Within Baltimore before and during World War One, many people had anxiety about the war since so many of its residents were ______ or had ____ ancestry.
Germans, German, Turks,Turkish assess performance , French, French, Bulgarians, Bulgarian