Shopping on eBay1. Which of the sentneces below proves your answer in the previous question?
what you want to buy, who will pay for it, where you are going to pay for it, how much you want to pay for it,
2. Are you looking for something special to buy? Why don’t you try eBay? It is a great site for people who enjoy shopping online. All you need to do is check what’s on sale and give a price for the thing you want to buy. The person who gives the best price gets the item*. It’s as simple as that! Millions of items are bought and sold on eBay every day. Most people buy ordinary* things, like a blender or a TV, but there have also been some very unusual things for sale. For example, somebody sold a 50,000-year-old mammoth* for £61,000. The owner said that he was selling it because it was too big to keep. Another unusual sale was a pair of Levi jeans from 1880. The Levi Strauss company bought these jeans for $46,532. They are now planning to make new jeans just like the ones they bought on eBay. It is amazing to read what people buy and how much money they spend on all kinds of strange and useless* items. For example, someone paid $455 for some water that Elvis Presley left in a plastic cup, and someone else bought an empty bag of M%26M’s for $400! So, no matter what you want to buy or sell, eBay is the place to do it!
blender,TV,tv,BLENDER, matching excercise , ,
3. The empty bag of M%26M’s is an example of …
TRUE, FALSE, online ,
4. The owner sold the mammoth because of its size.
because somebody sold a 50,000-year-old mammoth* for £61,000., because it was too big to keep, because there have also been some very unusual things for sale.,
5. Complete the sentence with one word. A # is an example of something ordinary that is sold on eBay.
Elvis Presley, the Levi Strauss company, M%26M, eBay,
6. Tick the TWO correct answers. If you want to buy something on eBay you have to decide …
an item that you can’t buy, a special offer, an item that you can buy for a very good price, a useless item that someone bought for a lot of money,