Forces and Changes in Motion Quiz1. What is the speed of the object during the timeinterval from 4 seconds to 10 seconds?
racecar.jpg, , ,
Car A and car B have the same acceleration because they have the same speed., Car A and car B have the same acceleration because they have the same velocity mix questions , Cars A and B both have zero acceleration because their speeds are not changing, Car A is accelerating more than car B because it is changing direction at a faster rate.,
Her acceleration was greatest when she was moving the fastest. , Because she was stopped when she turned around and went the other way, she had zero acceleration at that point., Her instantaneous speed is the same as her average speed, because she ends up in a certain space, regardless of what she does along the way., She was stopped when she turned around and went the other way, but still she was accelerating quite a bit. ,
4. Which of the following represents the velocity ofa moving object?
Untitled1.jpg, , ,
5. What is the speed of the car?
25 kilometers per hour, 50 kilometers per hour, 75 kilometers per hour, 100 kilometers per hour,
6. A ball is dropped from the top of a tall building.As the ball falls, the upward force of air resistance becomes equal to the downward pull of gravity. When these two forces become equal in magnitude, the ball will
Speed graph.jpg, , ,
7. Question Two cars are rounding curves. Both cars are traveling at a constant speed of 40 kilometers per hour. Car A is rounding a very sharp curve and car B is rounding a gradual curve. Which of the following are true regarding the motion of the cars?
4 seconds, 6 seconds, 20 seconds, 25 seconds,
Carramp.jpg, , ,
9. What is the average speed of the object?
G, H and I, H, V and Y, I, W and Z, U, W, and X,
10. How much time is required for a bicycle totravel a distance of 100 m at an average speed of 2 m/s
SpringMASS.jpg, , ,
11. An athlete can run 9 kilometers in 1 hour.If the athlete runs at that same average speedfor 30 minutes, how far will the athlete travel?
At low mass, it grew 2 for every 10 grams. Then it changed by 1 at 40g. Then at 50g,it did not grow any more, It increases by 2’s until 30, increases by 1’s until 50, and increases by 0 at 60.The length increased steadily up to 40g, and then it increased just a little bit moreuntil it was 13cm at 50 and 60 grams, At first it got longer every time you added a mass, but then after a while, it did notget any longer., , ,
averagespeed.jpg, , ,
13. How far did the vehicle travel during the first two seconds?
05. meters per minute, 2 meters per minute, 25 meters per minute, 50 meters per minute,
14. If the beetle keeps moving at the same speed, how long will it take to travel 10 cm?
Experimentdata.jpg, online activities , ,
15. A force of 5 N is required to increase the speedmm.of a box from a rate of 1.0 to 30withinss 5 s along a level surface. What change wouldmost likely require additional force to producethe same results?
displacement, force, speed, inertia,
18 kilometers, 9 kilometers, 4.5 kilometers, 3.3 kilometers,
0.02s, 50s, 100s, 200s,
18. The slope of the graph represents what characteristic of an object?
40, 40 meters North, 40 m/s, 40 m/s North,
19. A long distance runner out for a workout runs 4 kilometers in 20 minutes, walks for a distance of 1 kilometer, which takes 10 minutes, and then rests in one spot for 10 minutes. After that, she runs another 6 kilometers in 35 minutes. Which of the following are true with respect to her motion? (There may be more than one correct answer.)
the speed, the position, the direction, the acceleration,
Speedofvehicle.jpg, , ,
0.2m, 5m, 10m, 20m,
positiontime.jpg, , ,
23. He wants to test this idea: The higher the ramp is placed, the faster the cart will travel at the bottom of the ramp. Which of these trials should he compare?
2 m/s, 3 m/s, 8 m/s, 16 m/s,
24. Which characteristic of motion could change without changing the velocity of an object?
reduce the mass of the box, make the surfaces of the box smooth, increase the mass of the box, make the surface of the floor smooth,
25. A young girl leaves her house and begins running. She first jogs, and then breaks into a run. She reaches the local middle school and begins running around the oval track. Deciding she doesn%27t like left turns, she runs counterclockwise around the track for a while. She runs several laps before stopping. Which of the following BEST describes the girl’s motion?
flatten due to the forces., fall at a constant speed., continue to speed up, slow to a stop.,