Community Relationships QUIZChoose the correct answer for each question. There is only one correct answer unless otherwise noted. To get you used to a good pace for answering questions, you have 6 minutes. Good Luck!
1. Wildebeest, gazelles, and zebras all graze together in large groups on the plains of Africa. When one animal sees an approaching lioness, they let out a call and all animals in the area start to run away. What type of interaction do the wildebeest, gazelles, and zebra experience?
Goldenrod-stem.jpg, , ,
2. Grey wolves that live in Yellowstone National Park help maintain plant diversity by hunting weak and/or old elk. What type of interaction is this?
predation, parasitism, mutualism, commensalism,
predation, mutualism, parasitism, commensalism,
4. This type of community interaction has a negative impact on both organisms.
parasitism, mutualism, predation, competition,
5. Some plants such as Indian pipe (see above) and beech drops are white and brown, respectively. They are not green, and thus do not perform photosynthesis. Instead, their roots %22drill%22 into the roots of surrounding plants and take their sugar. What type of interaction is this?
predation, competition, mutualism, parasitism,
monotropaunif_group.jpg, , ,
7. When migrating sharks return to their %22home%22 waters off the coast of Africa, they are often greeted by smaller fish that eat any parasites that may have accumulated on the sharks%27 jaws. What type of interaction is this?
predation, mutualism ESL , parasitism, competition,
8. This interaction is the driving force of evolution.
predation, competition, mutualism, commensalism,
9. Goldenrod gall flies lay their eggs in goldenrod plants which changes how the plants grow. They create a little %22house%22 as seen in the picture above. Once the larva develops, it will eat its way out of the %22house%22 and fly away. What type of interaction is this?
commensalism, competition, predation, mutualism,