2b - Geographic Regions1. The Appalachian Mountains are old and _____.
rugged, eroded, grassy, isolated
2. The Canadian Shield has hills worn by erosion and hundreds of _____ carved by glaciers.
mountains, valleys, rivers, lakes
3. The Interior Lowlands has rolling flatlands with many rivers, broad __________, and grassy hills.
fertile valleys, eroded mountains, river valleys, rugged mountains
4. The Rocky Mountains are _____ mountains with high elevations.
eroded, rugged, grassy, wooded
5. The Great Plains are flat grasslands that gradually increase in elevation ________.
southward, northward, eastward, westward
6. The Basin and Range has ______ elevations and isolated mountain ranges.
varying, high, low, similar
7. Death Valley is the _____ point in North America.
highest, most interesting, lowest, most dangerous
8. The Coastal Range has rugged mountains and fertile valleys along the _____ coast.
Atlantic, Pacific, Gulf of Mexico, Hudson Bay
9. The Continental Divide determines the ________ of rivers.
water source, speed of flow crossword maker , directional flow, water cycle