BASIC JOURNALISM - Direct and Indirect Speech 11. %22Most drivers tend to allow their hands to cross while making a turn.%22
quiz builder , ,
2. %22Why are you crying?%22 asked her mother.
, class website ,
3. %22The average driver,%22 affirms Joe Speed, %22cannot even handle the steering wheel properly.%22
english , ,
4. ACTIVITY 2 Convert the remarks made by racing ace, Joe Speed, into indirect speech.
Her aunt told the girl that one day she would be sorry., , ,
5. %22Don%27t call me after three,%22 my friend said.
6. %22Why aren%27t your boots polished?%22 asked the sergeant.
7. %22Why are you late?%22 the teacher asked the student.
8. %22Such a two-hand co-operation makes for better turning.%22
9. %22Please pay at the counter,%22 said the salesgirl.
create online activities , ,
10. %22Come out with your hands up,%22 shouted the police sergeant.
online , ,
11. %22Don%27t open the box, Dollah,%22 shouted his mother.
online quizzes , ,
12. %22I meant to invite you to the party but I forgot your address.%22 said Ahmad.
13. %22The practice will be cancelled Ii it rains this afternoon,%22 said the coach.
14. %22If you want tickets for the concert, book early,%22 said the organiser.
15. %22Why are there so many books in your house?%22 the old lady asked her.
school , ,
16. %22Leave by that door,%22 the usher said.
english , ,
17. %22I will talk about how to take corners in my next lesson.%22
18. ACTIVITY 1 Change the questions, statements, requests, commands and warnings into indirect speech. Example: Direct: %22What is the time?%22 the man asked. Indirect: The man asked what the time was.
He claimed that most drivers tended to allow their hands to cross while making a turn., He said that most drivers tended to allow their hands to cross while making a turn., , ,
19. %22One day you%27ll be sorry,%22 said her aunt.
20. %22The steering wheel is best divided mentally into two halves and each should be controlled by one hand.%22
21. %22That%27s dangerous and sometimes even fatal.%22
22. %22The left hand should make a continuous downward motion while gripping and releasing the steering wheel for a left turn.%22
, print quizzes ,
23. %22I%27m afraid I don%27t have the answer,%22 replied the library officer.