9 - Civil War Quiz1. Who was an African American naval captain and Congressman?
Frederick Douglass, William Lloyd Garrison, Robert Smalls, Ulysses S. Grant
2. Which Civil War battle marked the turning point of the war?
Gettysburg, Vicksburg, Fort Sumter, Antietam
3. Which Civil War battle was won by getting control of the high ground?
Fort Sumter, Battle of Manassas (Bull Run) assess performance , Battle of Antietam, Battle of Gettysburg
4. Which Union general was able to defeat Robert E. Lee?
Robert McClellan, Ulysses S. Grant, Thomas %22Stonewall%22 Jackson, Winfield Scott
5. Name three port cities blockaded by the Union.
New Orleans, Savannah, and Charleston, New Orleans, Charleston, and New York online education , New Orleans, New York, and Boston, New York, Boston, and Philadelphia
6. What are border states?
states that seceded after Fort Sumter, states that had slavery but did not secede from the Union, states that seceded immediately after Abraham Lincoln%27s election, states that seceded but did not have slavery
7. Which battle was fought for control of the Mississippi River?
Battle of Gettysburg, Battle of Manassas (Bull Run), Battle of Vicksburg, Fort Sumter
8. Which former slave became an abolitionist and adviser to President Lincoln?
Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Robert Smalls, Frederick Douglass
9. Which speech begins %22four score and seven years ago%22 and says that the Civil War was fought to keep a government %22of the people, by the people, and for the people.%22
Gettysburg Address, Declaration of Independence, Lincon%27s Inaugural Address, Lee%27s Surrender at Appomattox
10. The Anaconda Plan included
a large invasion of Florida, a blockade of southern port cities, an invasion of Washington, D.C., getting help from Britain and France
11. short answer questions Which was the first major battle of the Civil War?
Chancellorsville, Fort Sumter, Manassas (Bull Run), Vicksburg