Quiz 1.4Fill in the missing answers by typing in the box
1. Atoms are neither created nor # in reactions.
atoms, , ,
2. John Dalton (1805) proposed that all elements were composed of # that were characteristic of that element.
He, Ne, Ag, He, Ne, Ar, Xe, Rn, Xe, Ra,
0.4g, 0.4 grams, 0.4 g, 0.4, , ,
4. Dalton’s revolutionary ideas provided a gigantic leap forward in the evolution of chemical theory. Dalton proposed the following as part of his atomic theory: (fill in the missing words using your text book)
5. Dalton’s atomic theory was in part based on the constant mass ratio in which particular elements combined in chemical reactions. For example, in Lavoisier’s experiments, mercury and oxygen combined in the ratio that was always close to 25 g of mercury to 2 g of oxygen. On the basis of this information, calculate the mass of oxygen that would combine with 5 g mercury.
6. # are formed from the combination of the atoms of two or more elements.
destroyed, , ,
7. Helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon and radon form the last group of similar elements to be discovered. Choose the correct symbols for each of these elements. Select more than one answer
Compounds, , ,