Input and Output DevicesChoose the correct answer.
1. The device that is NOT an input device is:
Keyboard, Plotter, Optical Mark Reader, Touch Screen
2. A friend of yours asks your advice about a printer. He asks %27Which printer should I buy for the library?%27
Ink Jet Printer, Dot-Matrix Printer, Daisy Wheel Printer, Laser Printer
3. Which of these monitors produces the most heat?
CRT (Cathode Ray Tube), LCD (Liquid Crystal Display), FPD (Flat Panel Display), TFT (Thin-Film Transistor)
4. Which printer should James buy for his garage to print receipts?
Laser Printer, Inkjet Printer, Dot Matrix Printer, Plotter
5. An insurance company wants to print two copies of each receipt so that it can keep one itself and give one to the customer. Which printer should be bought?
Plotter, Inkjet Printer, Laser Printer, Dot Matrix Printer
6. Which of these is NOT a pointing device?
Light pen, Trackball, Scanner, Touch pad
7. What feature does the MICR look at in cheques?
The amount box, The details box, The date, The account number
8. quiz builder Which input device would you recommend to a blind person?
Speech synthesiser, Keyboard, Braille Keyboard, Braille Displayer Unit
9. Joan needs to print some photos at home. She also needs to print her homework. Which printer should she buy?
Inkjet Printer, Laser Printer, Plotter, Dot Matrix Printer
10. Which of these devices produces softcopy?
MP3 player, Laser printer, Plotter, Braille printer
11. save time Which of these devices produces hardcopy?
Mobile, Speakers, Graphics Tablet, Ink jet printer
12. OCR stands for
Optical Car Recognition, Optical Character Recognition, Optical Character Reactor, Optical Car Reactor
13. OCR is used to
read pen marks, convert text on paper to editable text on a computer, convert text on paper to text on a computer, read pencil marks
14. OMR stands for
Optical Mark Reader, Optical Mouse Reader, Optical Mark Ruler, Optical Mouse Ruler
15. e-learning MICR stands for
Magnetic Ink Character Reader, Many Ink Character Reader, Many Ink Cathode Reader, Magnetic Ink Cathode Reader
16. MICR is commonly used in
hospitals, banks, schools, homes
17. Graphics Tablets allow the user to
draw in lines using a pen, draw pre-defined shapes using a pen, draw anything using a pen, draw cartoons using a pen
18. web tool Which of the following is an impact printer?
Laser Printer, Plotter, Ink Jet Printer, Dot Matrix Printer
19. The colour depth of a screen using 8 bits for each pixel is
2 to the power of 8 colours, 8 colours, 2 colours, 8 to the power of 2 colours