Children and young athletesAuthor: Buccini Sophia
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. Strategies for thermoregulation?
1. Treating overuse injuries?
2. Reffering to medical conditions
3. What is one overuse injury?
4. What is thermoregulation?
5. List the most common overuse injuries?
6. Strength training
7. Define Epilepsy
8. What are the three medical conditions?
9. Define stress fracture
10. Resistance training considerations?
11. Define Diabtes
12. What do coahces need to consider for young athletes?
13. Define Asthma
14. requirements of children with medical conditions?
15. Recommendations for 7-8 yr olds?
0. - Maximum lfiting should be avoided, should advise pushups
1. 1. Asthma
2. Neurological disorder - loss of consciousness
3. Repetiitive stress places on a body part (bone, tendon)
4. Shin splints
5. Build healthy muscles, joints and bones
6. Stress fracture
7. When training is in extreme heat/cold
8. Risks children could face must be taken into consideration
9. Physioterapist and rest
10. Ensure correct clothing is worn
Heat - rest breaks
11. Respiatory condition - difficulty breathing
12. - push ups
- sit ups
13. Proces allowing the body to maintain its core body temp
14. training must be altered by coaches to meet medical needs
15. Chronic metoboic disese - high glucose in blood