Children and young athletesAuthor: Buccini Sophia
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. What are the three medical conditions?
1. Define Asthma
2. What do coahces need to consider for young athletes?
3. Define stress fracture
4. requirements of children with medical conditions?
5. Define Epilepsy
6. Recommendations for 7-8 yr olds?
7. What is thermoregulation?
8. Reffering to medical conditions
9. What is one overuse injury?
10. Resistance training considerations?
11. List the most common overuse injuries?
12. Treating overuse injuries?
13. Strategies for thermoregulation?
14. Strength training
15. Define Diabtes
0. - push ups
- sit ups
1. - Maximum lfiting should be avoided, should advise pushups
2. Neurological disorder - loss of consciousness
3. training must be altered by coaches to meet medical needs
4. Stress fracture
5. Repetiitive stress places on a body part (bone, tendon)
6. Proces allowing the body to maintain its core body temp
7. Physioterapist and rest
8. Build healthy muscles, joints and bones
9. 1. Asthma
10. Shin splints
11. Ensure correct clothing is worn
Heat - rest breaks
12. When training is in extreme heat/cold
13. Chronic metoboic disese - high glucose in blood
14. Risks children could face must be taken into consideration
15. Respiatory condition - difficulty breathing