Children and young athletesAuthor: Buccini Sophia
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
0. Reffering to medical conditions
1. Define Epilepsy
2. Recommendations for 7-8 yr olds?
3. Resistance training considerations?
4. Strategies for thermoregulation?
5. Define stress fracture
6. What do coahces need to consider for young athletes?
7. Define Diabtes
8. List the most common overuse injuries?
9. What is one overuse injury?
10. What are the three medical conditions?
11. Strength training
12. Define Asthma
13. requirements of children with medical conditions?
14. Treating overuse injuries?
15. What is thermoregulation?
0. Stress fracture
1. Shin splints
2. Build healthy muscles, joints and bones
3. Repetiitive stress places on a body part (bone, tendon)
4. - push ups
- sit ups
5. Chronic metoboic disese - high glucose in blood
6. Physioterapist and rest
7. Neurological disorder - loss of consciousness
8. 1. Asthma
9. Ensure correct clothing is worn
Heat - rest breaks
10. Risks children could face must be taken into consideration
11. When training is in extreme heat/cold
12. - Maximum lfiting should be avoided, should advise pushups
13. Proces allowing the body to maintain its core body temp
14. training must be altered by coaches to meet medical needs
15. Respiatory condition - difficulty breathing