Week 9 Period 2, Review Test 14, Word Power IntermediateAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. Eventually our problems with money _____ our marriage. We got divorced.
2. The school is concerned about the _____ behavior of a few students. These students join a gang of violence and bring damage to school%27s properties.
3. He wants to study abroad after he graduates from high school. In fact, what he tries to do is to avoid _____ service by the age of 19.
4. A suspect was pleaded unguilty. The police never found the murder _____.
5. She keeps her jewelry _____ in a safe box.
6. He put a _____ cover over a new car, keeping it from the harm of rain, sun, and dirt.
7. How long does it take for a butterpillar to _____ into a butterfly?
8. If you wash this jacket too much, the colors will _____.
9. Eric _____ up his shirts and put them in the closet.
10. It’s really a shame that people continue to hunt elephants for _____.
11. The caterpilar curled into a _____ when I touched it with a stick.
12. Our polite chat about politics slowly turned into a heated _____.
13. Ivy looked through her photo albums and _____ on the great times she had had in college.
14. My father kept a diary. It is part of his bedtime routine spending time in quiet _____.
15. This book is the _____ of ten-year hard work, so have respect for it under copywright.
16. Adam had _____ skin on his elbows until he started using skin cream.
17. The children made funny _____ on the wall with their hands.
18. Be careful not to _____ on the ice.
19. Ingrid sat too close to the fire and a _____ flew onto her jeans.
20. Wesley took his bicycle apart and _____ the frame yellow. %22Look! Wesley has a new yellow bicycle.%22
21. Dad packed two suits as well as some _____ clothes for his business trip.
22. Are you really a police officer or is that just a Halloween _____?
23. Aunt Clara didn’t want to ride her scooter in the rain because the roads were too ____.