Week 9 Period 1, Review Test 13, Word Power IntermediateAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. I stayed _____ all night studying. I hope I don%27t fall asleep during the test!
2. I%27ve got into the _____ of switching on the TV as soon as I get home. The remote controller is always the first thing I must have back home.
3. Students went out to pick up the _____ and clean up around school.
4. Angry villagers accused a factory of _____ the river with its chemical waste.
5. Grandmother put some _____ on her hands to keep them moist during the dry weather.
6. Our _____ business hours are from nine to five.
7. A police officer took a bribe and made an excuse saying that he just couldn%27t _____ when a large amount of money was offered.
8. Do it yourself! I am not your _____, and you are not my owner.
9. Dad has to have coffee in the morning. It%27s part of his daily _____.
10. Bob obviously never cleans his room; there are _____ dumps everywhere.
11. We need to know more about his _____ before we hire him.
12. Last night, Jules had a _____ that a monster was chasing him with a big fork.
13. The traffic lights were _____ on and off, and the cars and trucks were moving slow.
14. In physics, _____ motion is rotation along a circle.
15. Since Trey was color-blind, he couldn%27t see the _____ between red and green.
16. Aside from visiting the doctor, Edward still had other _____ to do. He would go to pick up his son at school and his wife off work.
17. _____ the papaya, sugar, and milk together. What you get is glass of yummy, tummy papaya milk.
B) Blend in
18. A farmer%27s arms were strong and his hands were _____ from years of hard work.