Week 8 Period 1, Review Test 12, Word Power IntermediateAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. Alan was _____ of the drink, so he had it tested. Sure enough, there was a drug in it.
2. The artist has a _____, so be careful what you say about his work. He might get angry.
3. I cheated on my final exam in second grade, and I%27ve had a guilty _____ ever since.
4. The author does not tell us what happens to the characters. We have to use _____.
5. He supports nuclear power, but argues against nuclear power plants. That isn%27t _____.
6. Actors are given two weeks to _____ their lines. They have to learn their lines so well that they can speak them without thinking.
7. His eight-year-old cousin is very good at _____ arithmetic. He can do arithmetic in his mind very quickly without using a caculator.
8. Alcohol can cause _____ problems such as depression and confusion.
9. Jim was first interested in _____ when his father bought him a digital camera as a 18-year-old birthday gift.
10. I remembered everything that happened on that day, though I couldn%27t _____ the exact date.
11. The Japanese general was unable to cope with failure. He committed _____ and died in regret and despair.
12. Beverly washed her face to _____ herself between classes.
13. The children are quite _____ about their parents%27 divorce, but they%27ll get over it.
14. We designed this video game to _____ children%27s interest in science.
15. No one knows what _____ her to kill her son and herself. There hasn%27t been a reason given for such terrible behavior.