Week 7 Period 1, Review Test 10, Word Power IntermediateAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. I%27d like to express my _____ to my wife for all her love and support.
2. Although Benjie and Max weren%27t friends, they weren%27t enemies either. They didn%27t dislike each other to such an extent that there was _____ between them.
3. The soldiers told jokes to help each other cope with the _____ of war.
4. The passengers _____ when the plane took a sudden dive.
5. The shopkeeper took _____ on the beggar and gave him a chicken sandwich.
6. Carla didn%27t know how to _____ when she found out she was fired. She couldn%27t believe it.
7. His immediate _____ was one of shock when I told him what happened.
8. Big dogs _____ me. I am extremely afraid of them.
9. It was so cold in the room that Vicky%27s hands began to _____.
10. Tyler is usually quiet, but he can be very _____ if he really wants something. He%27ll use every possible methods to get what he wants.
11. The _____ waiter spilled wine on customers and broke several plates before he was fired.
12. Ben is a very _____ cook. His cooking is like nothing I%27ve ever tasted before.
13. Jim has a _____ personality. It%27s easier for him to take orders than to act as a leader.
14. Our coach is a _____ guy, and he won%27t tolerate any crybabies.
15. I%27m _____ about our chances of winning. I don%27t think we%27ll win.