To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
Week 6 Period 2, Review Test 9, Word Power IntermediateAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. I don%27t have the _____ to wait in line for hours just to buy a ticket.
2. “I%27m not a hero. I was just doing my job,” he said in his characteristically _____ way.
3. She is a vegetarian. She finds the idea of eating meat totally _____.
4. Tim became _____ towards the end of his speech. We could see tears in hs eyes.
5. The graduation ceremonty was rather _____. Many students in the back rows fell sleep.
6. After several doctos failed to cure her, May cried in _____, %22I%27ll never be cured!%22
7. Ivan is _____ of his parents because they always argue in public.
8. He felt _____ for his lies. He knew he had done something wrong by concealing the truth from his parents.
9. Nicole _____ when Charles told her how pretty she was.
10. The thought of speaking in font of a large crowd fills me with _____. I%27ll be too nervous to remember what I am going to say.
11. His neighbors were _____ of his winning the lottery. %22Why he did! Why?%22 They could have been the luck one.
12. It really _____ Jim when his computer broke down for no apparent reason. Now he had to do the typing all over again.
13. The police officers were _____ to find out that the thief was only eight years old.
14. Dave is ______ of his wife%27s cats, but he hoeps that she doesn’t bring any more home.
15. Elaine makes fun of other people%27s ______, but she never recognizes her own. Actually, the weakness in her character is lack of sympathy.
16. Some toy guns look so _____ that they can confuse the police. That%27s dangerous.
17. He%27s always daydreaming and seems to be out of touch with the _____ world.