Week 19 Period 1, Review Test 18, Word Power IntermediateAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. I can%27t drive her car because it has a manual transmission instead of _____ transmission.
2. For people who want to go upstairs, please stand on the right side of the _____ and allow others to walk on the left side.
3. The bus has big soft chairs, so that passengers can travel in _____.
4. The boss wants to _____ the new office with fancy new chairs and desks.
5. Our hotel room was so _____ that we didn%27t want to go out and see the city.
6. He spent a fortune on expensive wines and other _____, such as designer clothes, brand watches, and even private jets.
7. After a long day of manual labor in the hot sun, Phil was _____.
A) ridden out
B) worn out
C) cut out
D) kept out
8. Aunt Kathy replaced the _____ carpet with a new one.
9. This temple is an excellent example of classical Chinese _____.
10. Somebody wrote this name on the sidewalk before the _____ dried.
11. _____ workers wear helmets to protect their heads from injury.
12. Of all our kitchen _____, the microwave is used the most.
13. Joey connected the mouth, the keyboard and a couple of other _____ to the computer.
14. The police are _____ with the tools and weapons they need to maintain public order.
15. The government spends a lot of money building public _____ like schools and parks.