GEPT Vocabulary Intermediate architect~articleAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. The cost to have an ____ design the house from scratch varies depending on how much you want the ____ to be involved.
2. Bridges are perhaps the most invisible form of public ____.
3. ____ is a visual art, and the buildings speak for themselves.
4. I don%27t want to get into an ____ about this, but I disagree.
5. Anyways, until you%27ve learned how to have a productive ____, this discussion isn%27t going anywhere.
6. The campus simply consists of academics ____, dormitory ____, sports ____ and restaurant.
7. The ____ is surrounded by stunning countryside and sandy beaches.
8. With numerous large developments proposed or being built in the ____, downtown Oceanside is undergoing dramatic change.
9. Time will tell what will happen between the two countires, but hopefully no conflict will ____.
10. If disagreements ____, discuss the problem without personal attacks.
11. With ____, you actually take some numbers and you calculate a new number.
12. Children%27s difficulty with learning school ____ may stem from the need to produce an exact number when solving problems.
13. While the robber claimed to have been ____, no weapon was seen and no injuries were reported.
14. ____ guards and heavy security are a necessary fact of life in Haiti.
15. Malawi has a small military force that includes an ____, a navy and an air wing.
16. Being out of work, unable to pay one%27s bills or feeling unfairly treated can ____ feelings of anger.
17. Hope ____, as nothing else can ____, a passion for the possible.
A) arises, arise
B) argues, argue
C) arouses, arouse
D) arrests, arrest
18. I plan to ____ a private location with light food and beverages in an open space for attendees to share and meet each other.
19. Prepare and wash your vegetables and ____ on a serving dish.
20. Perhaps he or she will schedule a meeting with all of the parties involved to help you come to a satisfactory ____.
21. Three American students ____ during a protest in Egypt were released Friday and planned to catch flights out of Cairo to begin their trips home.
22. In the Taliban time, if they ____ a robber, they would kill him.
23. In addition to writing ____, she is keeping a blog throughout her trip.
24. For many years I was engaged in journalism, writing ____ and chronicles for the daily press without ever joining the staff of any newspaper.