GEPT Vocabulary Intermediate applause ~ archAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. From day one, I got addicted to being on stage and getting the _____ and laughter.
2. Now, as always, the most automated ____ in a household is the mother.
3. She recycled her old electrical ____ and replaced them with energy-efficient ____.
4. The tester is given 10 questions to ask the ____ and the ____ must answer six correctly to pass.
5. Each ____ will be required to give a presentation to the committee.
6. The sign of an intelligent people is their ability to control their emotions by the ____ of reason.
7. Twenty months and more than 1,000 job ____ later he is still out of work and sadly unemployed.
8. Closely according to the schedule, the boat arrives at the ____ time, and everyone lines up at the dock, so I join them and hop on board.
9. When she showed up at the ____ time the following week, she was shocked to see hundreds of women applying for the same job.
10. We are always rushing to an ____ or trying to meet a deadline.
11. When I have an ____, I expect to keep that ____ and I expect the doctor to be ready to see me.
12. Good manners are ____ as much as bad manners are abhorred.
13. I got a lot of support from my parents. That%27s the one thing I always ____. They didn%27t tell me I was being stupid; they told me I was being funny.
14. If we want our children to value education, then we must show our ____ for knowledge.
15. Many people of all ages enjoy the sound of a train ____ because there is always something fascinating about the warning horn, which announces the train’s arrival.
16. I don%27t ____ of students being acquainted with cigarette smoking and alcohol drinking.
17. Most of those homes have not been built, but they have been ____ and would be allowed under the new proposal.
18. Most of those homes have not been built, but they have been ____ and would be allowed under the new proposal.
19. These popular ____ fish have special cultural significance in areas influenced by Chinese culture.
20. The 80,000-gallon saltwater ____ features sharks, stingrays and hundreds of fish living in a manmade coral reef ecosystem.
21. Adolf Hitler planned to build the world%27s largest triumphal ____ in Berlin.