GEPT Vocabulary Intermediate agr ~ alAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. I imagine a future _____, which will take off vertically, fly as usual, and land vertically. This idea came from the huge power of cyclones.
2. He was offered another scholarship to study for an _____ math, which was lot more difficult than intermediate math.
3. A person who is intellectually _____ may or may not be _____ in other areas.
4. The discovery of _____ was the first big step toward a civilized life.
5. In Old Europe and Ancient Crete, women were respected for their roles in the discovery of _____ and for inventing the arts of weaving and pottery making.
6. Money is not real. It is a conscious _____ on measuring value.
7. My people and I have come to an _____ which satisfied us both. They are to say what they please, and I am to do what I please.
8. When Americans shoot movies they _____ at the entire planet. When the French make movies, they _____ at Paris.
9. The _____ of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
10. Youngsters who get into _____ are susceptible to alcohol poisoning.
11. I%27m glad now, at age 66, that I never used _____ or tobacco. I%27ve buried a lot of friends who used tobacco or _____.
12. Even if you%27re a heavy drinker, it doesn%27t follow that you%27re an _____.
13. Admission is free, with food and _____ beverages available for purchase.
14. He was also an _____ who killed himself with his everyday drinking.
15. When I see someone who is starved, they don%27t look _____. They don%27t have boundless energy. If you%27re too skinny, it looks like you%27re near death.
16. With the broadcasting of a coming rain storm, the area is on red _____ to potential landslides and some 3,500 local residents were evacuated.
17. I love the city and the people here. I%27ve been with them for many years and I fought _____ them.