GEPT Vocabulary Intermediate adm~agoAuthor: Hsu Yuanbin
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. While this is _____ in theory, it comes up short in practice.
2. _____ is free, but a ticket is required for _____.
A) Admiration, admiration
B) Admission, admission
C) Acre, acre
D) Aggressive, aggressive
3. The cost is $100 for VIP _____ or $40 for general _____.
4. Each success only buys an _____ ticket to a more difficult problem.
5. Love is not to be purchased, and _____ has no price.
6. His love of the books turned into an _____ for the movies.
7. The work of an advertising _____ is warmly and immediately human. It deals with human needs, wants, dreams and hopes. Its %27product%27cannot be mass produced.
8. I booked a hotel room through a travel _____.
9. Boxing brings out my _____ instinct, not necessarily a killer instinct.
10. Pain can cause people to feel _____, angry, desperate and resentful.
11. A dog that bullies or is _____ or skittish is not a good playmate.
12. When we%27re _____ we win, and when we%27re hesitant and tentative we don%27t.
13. If we die, you _____ our daughters as your sisters.
14. The thing I want more than anything else? I want to have children. I used to feel for every child I had, I would _____ another.
15. The technology is starting to _____ to the people who use it rather than forcing them to _____ to it.
16. You must constantly change and _____ to a new environment.
17. She decided to end her marriage by having an _____ with another man.
18. He refused to admit to the sexual _____ that is now common knowledge.
19. What I do in my spare time is my own _____. It%27s none of your business.
20. Meat is an inefficient way to eat. An _____ of land can yield 20,000 pounds of potatoes, but that same _____ would only graze enough cows to get 165 pounds of meat.
21. Keep your plans in the open so no one can _____ you of being secretive.
22. Is it fair to _____ a young man to stop growing up as an adult? Is it really something wrong to stop growing up as an adult?