Tessellations 2Author: Williams Kaitlyn
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. Which of the following is NOT an example of a tessellation found in nature?
A) A honeycomb
B) A turtles shell
C) An ocean wave
D) A pineapple
2. Another name for a tessellation is a tiling.
3. Who was one of the most well know graphic artists in history for his tessellations?
4. A soccer ball is an example of a # tessellation.
A) Man made, man-made
5. There are only # regular tessellations.
A) 3, three
6. Name a shape that can be used to create a regular tessellation.
7. A semiregular tessellation uses one polygon to tile a plane.
8. To have a # tessellation, there must a mirror.
9. For a translation to occur, an object must move positions without rotating or reflecting.