Slavery in the Territories (9b)Author: Gehle Beth
Keywords: , , , , , , online teaching
1. Missouri Compromise
2. Compromise of 1850
3. Kansas-Nebraska Act
0. Missouri enters as a slave state.
1. Maine enters as a free state.
2. States north of the 36 30 line will be free.
3. California enters as a free state.
4. Southwest territories are open to slavery.
5. A stronger Fugitive Slave Law is passed.
6. The slave trade is banned in Washington, D.C.
7. popular soverignty
8. people in each state will vote to decide about slavery