The Roman RepublicAuthor: Siler Brandy
Description: There are 32 questions total, so you%27ll probably need to play about three screens before you see all of the questions. If you can get a 100%25 four times in a row, you should be in good shape.
Keywords: Republic, Rome, Julius Caesar, Senate, Tripartite government, , online teaching
0. What were breads and circuses?
1. Which famous American leader was inspired by Cincinnatus?
2. Julius Caesar
8. Crossing the Rubicon
15. Three Punic Wars
0. Roman politician %26 speaker who supported the republic
1. George Washington
2. Tripartite (3-part) government: executive, legis-lative,%26 judicial
3. Roman judges
4. Virgil%27s epic poem of the Trojan refugees who founded Rome
5. Latin for %22our sea%22 - refers to Roman control of Mediterranean
6. Rome%27s wealthy landowners
7. Large farming estates in ancient Rome - used lots of slave labor
8. fertile island valued by Carthage and Rome
9. grand-nephew of Julius Caesar - became Emper-or Augustus
10. gave Rome water, trade, and access to the Mediterranean
11. division of Roman army - about 6,000 men
12. Government with no king or queen where leader is chosen by voters
13. Carthaginian general of the 2nd Punic War
14. Roman rulers with complete control in times of emergency
15. wealthy Romans who tried to pass reforms to help Rome%27s poor