poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
2. end rhyme
5. sensory details
11. free verse
0. two-line verse that expresses one thought.
1. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.
2. poem shaped like a diamond
3. 3 line poem about nature
4. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
5. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
6. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines
7. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm
8. song-like poem that used sensory details
9. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
10. funny verse in 5 lines
11. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
12. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
13. words that describe seeing,hearing,
14. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme
15. giving human qualities to inanimate objects