poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
6. sensory details
13. end rhyme
15. free verse
0. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
1. giving human qualities to inanimate objects
2. 3 line poem about nature
3. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme
4. funny verse in 5 lines
5. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
6. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.
7. song-like poem that used sensory details
8. poem shaped like a diamond
9. words that describe seeing,hearing,
10. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
11. two-line verse that expresses one thought.
12. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm
13. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
14. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
15. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines