poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
5. end rhyme
10. free verse
15. sensory details
0. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
1. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
2. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme
3. giving human qualities to inanimate objects
4. 3 line poem about nature
5. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.
6. poem shaped like a diamond
7. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm
8. funny verse in 5 lines
9. two-line verse that expresses one thought.
10. song-like poem that used sensory details
11. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
12. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
13. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines
14. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
15. words that describe seeing,hearing,