To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
8. sensory details
10. end rhyme
15. free verse
0. giving human qualities to inanimate objects
1. poem shaped like a diamond
2. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines
3. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm
4. 3 line poem about nature
5. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme
6. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
7. funny verse in 5 lines
8. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
9. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
10. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
11. words that describe seeing,hearing, smelling,tasting,
12. two-line verse that expresses one thought.
13. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
14. song-like poem that used sensory details
15. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.