poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
7. end rhyme
8. free verse
13. sensory details
0. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines
1. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
2. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme
3. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm
4. 3 line poem about nature
5. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
6. two-line verse that expresses one thought.
7. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
8. giving human qualities to inanimate objects
9. song-like poem that used sensory details
10. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
11. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
12. poem shaped like a diamond
13. funny verse in 5 lines
14. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.
15. words that describe seeing,hearing,