poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
6. end rhyme
9. sensory details
10. free verse
0. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
1. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme
2. 3 line poem about nature
3. two-line verse that expresses one thought.
4. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
5. giving human qualities to inanimate objects
6. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.
7. words that describe seeing,hearing,
8. song-like poem that used sensory details
9. funny verse in 5 lines
10. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
11. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
12. poem shaped like a diamond
13. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm
14. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
15. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines