poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
0. end rhyme
5. sensory details
11. free verse
0. 3 line poem about nature
1. funny verse in 5 lines
2. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines
3. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
4. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
5. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
6. words that describe seeing,hearing,
7. song-like poem that used sensory details
8. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
9. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme
10. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.
11. giving human qualities to inanimate objects
12. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
13. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm
14. poem shaped like a diamond
15. two-line verse that expresses one thought.