To view this page you need to install Adobe Flash Player
poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
0. free verse
5. end rhyme
12. sensory details
0. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines
1. two-line verse that expresses one thought.
2. song-like poem that used sensory details
3. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
4. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
5. words that describe seeing,hearing, smelling,tasting,
6. poem shaped like a diamond
7. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.
8. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
9. giving human qualities to inanimate objects
10. 3 line poem about nature
11. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
12. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
13. funny verse in 5 lines
14. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm
15. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme