poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
10. end rhyme
12. free verse
13. sensory details
0. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.
1. giving human qualities to inanimate objects
2. 3 line poem about nature
3. two-line verse that expresses one thought.
4. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
5. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
6. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
7. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme
8. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm
9. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
10. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines
11. poem shaped like a diamond
12. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
13. funny verse in 5 lines
14. words that describe seeing,hearing,
15. song-like poem that used sensory details