poetry termsAuthor: White Peggy
Description: Match the term with the definition
Keywords: poetry, Barker, terms, , , , online teaching
9. free verse
10. end rhyme
14. sensory details
0. words that describe seeing,hearing,
1. first line is a noun. 2nd line is 2 adj.-3rd line-3 verbs
2. song-like poem that used sensory details
3. giving human qualities to inanimate objects
4. two-line verse that expresses one thought.
5. 4 line stanza, some lines rhyme
6. poem shaped like a diamond
7. rhyming of words at the ends of 2 or more lines
8. poems that tell a story. could be made into a song.
9. 3 line poem about nature
10. pattern of sounds and beats-helps poetry flow
11. a verse in a poem like a paragraph in a story.
12. repeating a word or phrase to add rhythm or emphasis
13. funny verse in 5 lines
14. tells a story. not as long as a ballad. can%27t be a song.
15. poetry that does not include patterned thyme or rhythm